Hogs with Pellet gun

Originally Posted By: R.T.My reasoning asking questions about an air rifle or 10/22 are because I have a 10/22 and was debating on having it customized or would it be cheaper just to use an air rifle. Also not owning a silencer or an air rifle which would be quiter of the 2. I know now I'm looking at about $600 to get my 10/22 customized for a silencer. That's if I buy a heavier barrel. I don't know.... It's 6 or 1 half a dozen of the other!!!
frown.gif

Read my previous post. If you run supersonic ammo even with a suppressor it will be LOUD. If you are trying to kill hogs with a subsonic .22 round you are better off with a bow. FYI.... If you run a suppressor on a rimfire make sure that you are able to dismantle it and clean the baffles. I would not have an integral suppressor installed on a 10/22 if that is where you are headed.

You need to learn about hogs first. Take what you have and go shoot some and you will figure it out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: R.T.My reasoning asking questions about an air rifle or 10/22 are because I have a 10/22 and was debating on having it customized or would it be cheaper just to use an air rifle. Also not owning a silencer or an air rifle which would be quiter of the 2. I know now I'm looking at about $600 to get my 10/22 customized for a silencer. That's if I buy a heavier barrel. I don't know.... It's 6 or 1 half a dozen of the other!!!
frown.gif

You need to learn about hogs first. Take what you have and go shoot some and you will figure it out.

This. Like I said, it doesn't seem like you have hunted hogs enough to know what your doing man... I've killed and seen a bunch of hogs killed with a 22 with one shot to the head IN A TRAP never once have I seeked out hogs with a .22, I've jumped up hogs while squirrel hunting with a .22 and have made perfect shots at 50 yards and they just keep going like it was nothing. The .22 lr is just not designed for big game, have you ever been within 30 yards of a hog outside of a trap? It's not a comfortable feeling, especially if it's a sow with piglets or even just a 100 lb boar these animals are not like deer THEY WILL ATTACK YOU it happens all the time. They will attack directly if they feel threatened and see the need to do so they run as fast as a horse and they have tusks that are as sharp as a razor once they get you down just pray they don't kill you.

Watch some videos on YouTube of hog attacks then decide your weapon. Like I said and Gman said, a .300 BLK suppressed running subs is what you need...

Hey man I get what your saying... Ive got a friend of mine that has been chased by them on numerous occasions to the point where he had to climb a tree. Im planning on being elevated to where they cant get to me, and not shooting outside of 25yds... Thanks everyone for the input

If I were going to hunt hogs with an air rifle, it would be a Benjamin Marauder PCP in 22 or 25 caliber. Super quiet, extremely accurate, multiple shots. Not cheap but very good to excellent air rifles.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIf I were going to hunt hogs with an air rifle, it would be a Benjamin Marauder PCP in 22 or 25 caliber. Super quiet, extremely accurate, multiple shots. Not cheap but very good to excellent air rifles.

pyscodog..... I think you might be wasting your time in this thread..... R.T. is in a tree.

I hog hunt with a bow. Killed two with a long bow and ash arrows. Real up close and personal. And on the ground!!

Last edited:
Back