Hallelujah!

Squeeze

Hallelujah, Hallelujah,Hallaaaaaaayula! My first suppressor's paperwork is here, and I can get the suppressor out of ATF prison!

What an ordeal. First, the shop I worked through to buy the suppressor, and herd the paperwork, to the ATF, suffers from the chaos of too much business, with too few worker hours. So the paperwork took longer than I expected, to get to the ATF. Then months passed, and no word from the shop(ATF cashed the check in late January). So I stopped by to ask that they check on the paperwork progress, and the person emerges from the cave where all of the secret stuff happens, with a red face. Good news and bad news was the greeting... Good news is the ATF granted the application...Bad news is the paperwork was no where to be found! I got a promise I would get a call today, either telling me to come and pick it up, or telling me a certified copy of the application, would be requested from ATF. I got the call to come and pick it up. So tomorrow will be my first day of suppressed shooting...It is Christmas in August!

Suppressor #2 should be here soon...Different shop.
grin.gif

Squeeze

Someday, I'll be happy. Have 3 in jail. One Form 4-April, one Form 4-June, one Form 4-July. Spent 2K with nothing to show yet.

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatCongrats! No glam pics??

Soon. I pick it up tonight, but I have a Ducks Unlimited banquet tonight, so no shooting fun today. Tomorrow I will get it dirty, and get some pictures...Just not sure which rifle will get in the photo. I have at least four threaded to fit, but a couple will need an adjustable gas block upgrade.

Squeeze

OK, I am hooked! I put it on an AR-15(223 Wylde), and while it quieted the report, there was still the expected super sonic crack...Maybe a tad more than expected. FWIW, it is a AAC 7.62(don't have the model # at hand). Then put it on the LR-308, and that seemed like it quieted the report more. Why?

Slower bullet? Bigger bullet that fills the suppressor muzzle better?

My 10 year old grandson really likes it, and his reduced recoil loads, for his Tikka T3, cycle the LR308, with the suppressor on. Glad this one is papered to me, not a trust...I would have to fight him for it, or at least his Dad, if it was legal for them to use it without me around. The next one is to the family trust, so I will probably have to hide that one.
grin.gif

Squeeze

Back