I'm in BIG Trouble!!!

TheBig1

We went to Cabela's on this past Saturday. It was the worst trip that I've ever had there because the wife wouldn't let me buy anything of real value. I really wanted a Bog-Pod.

Well anyways, we come home and I'm tooling around on Cabela's website on my phone Saturday night and I happen to notice that there's a new Bog-Pod Package on sale for $140. So I checked it out and noticed that the regular price is $290. I jumped on it like I was jumping on fried chicken or cake.

Well it's getting delivered today so I decided to tell her about it last night at the dinner table in front of the kids (for safety reasons). That went over like a fart in church.

I pretty much got the silent treatment all night long as well as the fact that she went to bed without me, which we never do. We always go at the same time. Plus I didn't even see her this morning, she left before I got out of the shower.

But hey, I have a Bog-Pod. I hope that it can cook.

hopefully you still have the receipt for the wife? JK
these things have a way of working themselves out, FTD is always just a phone call away.

Originally Posted By: TheBig1I happen to notice that there's a new Bog-Pod Package on sale for $140. So I checked it out and noticed that the regular price is $290.

holy cow. did not know they went that much. which model is this?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: TheBig1I happen to notice that there's a new Bog-Pod Package on sale for $140. So I checked it out and noticed that the regular price is $290.

holy cow. did not know they went that much. which model is this?

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.j...DC=cat104564880

I saved $150, how could I not pull the trigger on it. Oh, I know that it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. The problem that I have is that I did ask for permission and was told no, then turned around and bought it anyways.

That'l learn you not to ask. Big mistake that too many men make. Fight fire with fire, maybe remind her of all the shoes she has in the closet. LOL.

Hey, you gotta look on the bright side-
Maybe she'll get over it in 6 months or so, you'll lose a few pounds because you don't have a cook, and you'll still have the Bog-Pod.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: TheBig1 Oh, I know that it's better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. The problem that I have is that I did ask for permission and was told no, then turned around and bought it anyways.

so what you're saying is you'll be using 1800flowers.com twice in rapid succession?
grin.gif

if she works, may i recommend not only a home delivery but also one to her workplace as well.

i mean you can never kiss too much behind in a situation like this right?

unless of course you're in the unfortunate situation of my father who married a florist hehehe

scared.gif
Your Goose is cooked
smile.gif
--should have made one [shooting sticks] They work real well----Hope you can get your Banshee next-best wait awhile til this blows over
smile.gif
Have a great week Buddy

I'm getting a kick out of this. Mostly because it's funny. What I don't understand is why you thought you needed such an expensive item. I paid about $80 for my Bog Pod and I love it. Mine is a bipod and I can use it standing up or sitting down. I tried a tri pod unit and found the extra leg to be a pain. The Bog Pod gives you a steadier rest with lots of mobility.

I don't know about your wife but my wife has used the, "But it was on sale!" line many times on purchases that she made. Seems only fair to be able to use the same line back to our wives. It rarely works on my wife but it's worth giving it a try.

Originally Posted By: pk1I'm getting a kick out of this. Mostly because it's funny. What I don't understand is why you thought you needed such an expensive item. I paid about $80 for my Bog Pod and I love it. Mine is a bipod and I can use it standing up or sitting down. I tried a tri pod unit and found the extra leg to be a pain. The Bog Pod gives you a steadier rest with lots of mobility.

I actually made a few pair of homemade bipods from the plans provided by VarmintAl and love them. But I wanted a tripod for night hunting plus the fact that I have a 7 year old daughter who might be deer hunting this year. I wanted her to have the ease of a tripod to hold the rifle in position.

The model I bought is the HEAVY DUTY model which came with accessories, 2 different gun holders and a wrap around blind for the tripod legs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboI don't know about your wife but my wife has used the, "But it was on sale!" line many times on purchases that she made. Seems only fair to be able to use the same line back to our wives. It rarely works on my wife but it's worth giving it a try.

Oh I have, especially at $150 off which was more than 50% off of the regular price. No dice!

Maybe you should buy a new rifle and she will leave for good. Then you will have a new rifle and no wife....it's a win-win situation.

Just tell her you bought it for your daughter. Lol good luck with the cool down time. I have been through that but usually I didnt ask first.

Been there done that too. Not just with coyote "stuff" either. I don't see $290 for that unit. Probably really nice and provides a firm rest but give me a break. Probably $10-15 worth of components. The real test of its toughness will be how many whacks she gives you on the squash before it bends (the Bogpod, not your squash). She'll get over it.........or hit you over the head with it. Post a pic of the first kill with it. Hopefully it won't be a selfie of you laying on the ground with a bloody bean!

The last time I made my wife that mad I didn't see her for three days.

On the third day I could see her just a little bit out of my left eye.

cry.gif

Back