Just 0ne M0re Time...

Infidel 762

Staff member
Oklahoma bucks are about to trade their furry crowns for hard sets of fighting gear. Decided to call my ranch just one more time. One more time until after deer season.

Antler hardens under velvet as the days get shorter. I crept in with the morning light. As the Sun peaked over the horizon it's rays illuminated a sweet view;

Meanwhile, a ground level view reveals ants still living in the Jurassic period;

Native America’s Southwestern tribes honored Lizard with song and dance. Faith in his strength to cure sickness as well as his ability to reveal one’s weakness. As a kid I chased every lizard I saw, some scurried down dark holes while others fled under the foundation of the barn. This existence between dark and light is seen by some as; “one who lives in a dream world.”

Where dreams are much more obscure than visions, they both come from the same confines of the mind. I find any interpretation as to their meaning, blurry at best. Foreshadowing symbolism as well;

If you watch a gliding hawk you can see where man found inspiration for creating the airplane. So many of our inventions are fostered by the natural world and the creativity it brings. One exception being the wheel, nowhere in the natural world will you see it. A simple yet defining example of our imagination and the power it brings.

We use that same creativity to find more effective methods to kill each other in War. Death is just as much a part of living, as life itself. My final stand of the day was a reminder of this;

Just as the day turned to black, coyote cried out with his song of survival... The deer, the fish, the lizard and all other foul still standing proved as survivalist… earning themselves another day of life... I glance back as I leave this field with prayer to simply return and be able to do it again… do it all again, just one more time…

****....****

Predators/HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif[/img]

Hey Jeremy,

Next year we'll have to start celebrating on my birthday and wind it up on yours. We'll throw the house out the window!
lol.gif

Do you have many horned toads up your way? When I was a kid, they were everywhere but haven't seen but one or two in the last three or four years.

Great writeup again!

Regards,
Clarence

Thank you, 42 now... Not looking forward to birthdays anymore..

Horny toads are getting pretty scarce, I run into them every year or two as well. When I was a kid we used to find black mud puppies with yellow markings, those I have not seen in forever. We used to have legless lizards as well. We used to have lizards that would stand on their back legs when they ran..

Used to be porcupines and armadillos where rare, now they are common. Recently we are getting Eurasian doves, I used to dove hunt and there were none around.

Coyote has always been here and I am sure always will be..

42? Heck you're just a pup
lol.gif
; try 80
scared.gif

Are your European doves the ring necks? We just started getting them down here in the last couple of years. Whitewing population is exploding here due to the drug wars in Mexico. Getting so rough down there the American hunters no longer go down there.

Regards,
Clarence

Great story as usual Jeremy and Happy Birthday. The Eurasians are becoming very common here. No limits and no closed seasons. Speaking of lizards, we have quite a variety. When my son was very young I convinced him I could communicate with them. I would tell them to do push ups and they always would mind. Now that he's older he noticed they always do push ups as a territorial thing I guess. Sure was fun for many years to see his eyes light up when they would posture up on command though.

nice going..................those are some pretty famous last words though.............just one more time, or one last time until after....
let me know how that works out for you. It sure doesn't work with cigarettes, at least for me anyway.

Thanks 4 the kind words and bday wishes

Originally Posted By: hm1996Are your European doves the ring necks? We just started getting them down here in the last couple of years. Whitewing population is exploding here due to the drug wars in Mexico. Getting so rough down there the American hunters no longer go down there.

Regards,
Clarence

They have the ring necks, about the the size between a morning dove and pigeon. Their tails are more blocked off instead of pointed like what I used to hunt. The 1st place I ever saw one was in Iraq.. Came back here in 2006 and started seeing them here, so in the last 10 or so years they are getting pretty common. Not sure what a whitewing is but I don't think we have them. I think the Eurasians have no limits.

I think they nest around my house in the warmer months, they are pretty tame like they have never been shot at..

Originally Posted By: azmastablastaGreat story as usual Jeremy and Happy Birthday. The Eurasians are becoming very common here. No limits and no closed seasons. Speaking of lizards, we have quite a variety. When my son was very young I convinced him I could communicate with them. I would tell them to do push ups and they always would mind. Now that he's older he noticed they always do push ups as a territorial thing I guess. Sure was fun for many years to see his eyes light up when they would posture up on command though.

I bet so Lyle.. You prolly have Gila monsters.. Every lizard around here is venom less.. When my son was very little we where driving down the dirt road when he looked at the full moon and said; "that is the earth!"

I told him "very good"
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: flintrockI've seen more good sets of horns this year than I have for many years. Good Luck in your quest!

I am chomping at the bit.. I have one that I pray stays in the area until season.. Season can not get here fast enough..

I think they are the same birds that have moved in here, as well. I think Tx has no limits as well but I'm not a bird hunter so not sure.

Regards,
Clarence

In my experience, anytime someone says "One more time," it is just one more time until the next time, which is then "One more time." Good luck with that.

I have been missing your coyote emojis, they keep me reminded of how far behind I am this year on my tally.

I haven't even started looking at deer yet. I think soon though, the shoulder is going to be in good enough shape to start with the 223, and maybe start calling a few coyotes. I have been a good boy, doing what I am supposed to, and not doing what I am not supposed to. I tried to shoulder a rifle 3 weeks ago, it was no dice. But last week it came up fine, no problems. I am busting my ace on therapy, it gets better every day, really making good progress. I go back to the Doc in 2 weeks for my third checkup, I am going to try and get him to sign off on light rifles. I will have to get that in writing to prove to my wife it is OK, and I am not just feeding her a line...

Quote:I think soon though, the shoulder is going to be in good enough shape to start with the 223, and maybe start calling a few coyotes. I have been a good boy, doing what I am supposed to, and not doing what I am not supposed to. I tried to shoulder a rifle 3 weeks ago, it was no dice.

What happened to your shoulder, Jeff; guess I missed it. Hope it heals up soon!

Regards,
hm

Back