Is it winter yet?

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
It's that time of year. Dog days of summer. Hot as blazes and I'm daydreaming of cold weather calling and furry coyotes.

Bet I ain't the only one...

Just going through looking at winter pics, has me just absolutely jonesing for coyote hunting.

Might as well share a few. No order, or ryhme or reason to these, some are pretty old, some are from last year.

Jeeps are so cute when they're little!

RubiYote-2.jpg

SnugglingCoyotes16x20W.jpg

BackAndRack11x14W.jpg

2015_Dec.jpg

WildHorses8x18W.jpg

20131121_Deer-73BW.jpg

20130216_Newfs_ExpUT-196_W.jpg

20131121_Henryqus_Camp-2W.jpg

_MG_5469W.jpg

20151127_Coyote%20Hunt-27W.jpg

So, enough of that... I have to go put some brats on the grill and then take the family for ice cream...

- DAA

Glad you posted those, Dave. Helps ease the pain of this miserable humidity and heat. Of course we have had it good compared to a lot of people.

stimulating pics, I have noticed the temps dropping much faster at night on these shortening days.
Yesterday the largest buck so far this year showed up in the heat of the day.

Love that second pic(bedded coyotes ) The look in those eyes is stunning. The very same look ,few taxidermists can pull off.

I could dig having a framed print of that one.

There's a chill in the air here for the first time since April. I literally charged my call and coyote light today! Of course, winter looks a little different down here.

Great pictures, Dave. Thanks, I needed that!

Originally Posted By: tripod3I have noticed the temps dropping much faster at night on these shortening days.

Yep, it's down to 85* here already and only 10:15 PM.
lol.gif

C'mon winter......supposed to be on a Wednesday this year.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

You know you got me in trouble. The wife likes hot weather and she cought me doing a snow dance behind the house. Whooo she was upset!!!

Tim, those pics look frosty!

Originally Posted By: Tom 59Dave,those are some awesome pictures! What type of camera and lenses do you use?

Well, those pics span at least ten years. Several different cameras and lenses in that time. About half of them are with point and shoot cameras though. My current wildlife rig is a Canon 70D with a Sigma 150-600C lens. I know at least one or two of those were with my old 60D and Sigma 150-500 though.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMI'm SO with ya Dave. You and I and Pete Hauer need to hook up a day this winter. I would love that!

That ought to work. Pete went native about the second day after he got here
laugh.gif

- DAA

Back