foxpro hellfire

Tom 59

Just an FYI. cabelas has the hellfire on sale for $199
(posted in call section also, figured more would see it here.)

Wow, dam good price right there .

Not Shilling for the product but ( imho ) all around great Call, good volume & easy packing . also can pop-on anther cone speaker and still not bad on the battery life .
edit add:
wow the site program censor wont spell the word '[beeep]' . I had to spell 'Dam' without the letter N ?

Last edited:
I bought mine off craigslist.Its a great call.
Major Pros- Simple with no unnecessary features and rechargeable pack saves lots of money
Slight Con- Bulky

The audio jack is compatible with most speakers.

Originally Posted By: IndexFingerWow, dam good price right there .

edit add:
wow the site program censor wont spell the word '[beeep]' . I had to spell 'Dam' without the letter N ?

way to go man.
thumbup1.gif
but the program censor is not very proud of you.
w00t.gif

I just had the Hellfire fail during a monumental moment in my life yesterday. I did a set on a sage brush flat and put the call next my decoy at the usual distance, 20 yards or so. I had to set it down in the grass. I went back to my gun and started my call sequence. The remote was having trouble reaching the call. A coyote came on pup in distress which was on full volume. I was frantically trying to mute the call or lower the volume. I had to put my arm up high to do it and the coyote busted me. I got the call changed to vole but it was too late.

Lesson learned, the remote needs very clear line of sight.

Pass on it I had mine for 3 years and I call a lot [beeep] I live on a big farm can call when ever I want. The remote sucks you will be putting your hand in the air a lot for it to catch signal. It works best on flat ground with no grass in the way. The remote lettering is small too.

I just saw your post outlander oh that sucks. That has not happened to me yet . I have got up to move the darn thing so I could catch signal .. lol
Other then that it works good has high volume .

The old style remotes are not the best. They pretty much suck actually! Probably why all the calls that have them are discounted.

I had a firestorm for 4 years and struggled the entire time trying to get the signal to punch through the slightest of grass. I started bringing a stand and then eventually a bag to set it up on each stand. That seemed to help quite a bit.

My advice to anyone looking at a new FOXPRO caller would be to stay away from the first gen remotes. Try and save a few more $$ and buy a call with an upgraded remote.

The old remotes work, dont get me wrong, they are just VERY finicky when it comes to receptiion.

Good Day,

My name is Aaron, and I'm a part of the FOXPRO Technical Support Team. At FOXPRO, we will help you through any issues you may have, big or small. If you continue to experience remote based problems, feel free to contact us at 717-248-2507 and we'll help you out the best we can. To achieve the best remote operation possible, you must always try to maintain clear line of sight between the remote and the caller. Anything that gets in the way of the radio signal will throw it off causing operation to be very hit or miss. If possible, try to elevate the caller off the ground a few feet, this can really help with radio reception.

Before I go we ask here at Foxpro that you all routinely check your calls even in the off season just to be sure no moisture or anything of that nature has damaged the call and that all the electrical components are working perfectly for your next hunting adventure.

Thank You Gentlemen
Aaron
Foxpro Technical Support

HellFire remote . I don't understand it mentioned said about ..." to small ' to read the Listed Calls " ? .
When you turn on the Remote on the HellFire . You get a List of calls on the screen and it is printing is in 'small' letters . BUT if you hold and push at the same time, the 2 top buttons on remote . All the Calls listed, Then come-up in 'Large' Numbers in numerical order and easy to scroll and see even night hunting because it is back-lite led screen . All I do is night hunt and I got no problems seeing it .

(imho) . that ( 199 -$ ) for the ( HellFire ) . is still a good price .
I Swear to God, I think ALL Call Manufactures Setup there Remote control distance performance tests on a flat concrete airport tarmac with then standing on chair when pushing the buttons . Because in the real world Hunt, they NEVER even come close .
( ALL ) remotes on all remote calls I have ever purchased over the years are finicky on distance performance . ( NEVER , have I Ever ) got anywhere even near the manufactured factory performance distance reported by any Remote Call I have ever purchased . But never the less, there still a Good Tool to have .
and like people suggested is raise the receiving Call up off the ground a little and it helps . Also ( ALL ) remotes suffer in performance when the Temps. drop lower . then if you drop into temps. past freeze remotes turn into Extreme Crapp unless you keep next to body or use hand-warmers around it .

(imho) , Never run less than a ' Lithium 9v' in the Remote for power . I know the paying the price of the Lithium 9volts sucks and I try to change them out about every 10 hunts . this makes a big difference in Foxpro remote reliability for control on the buttons . I can always count on having a 50 yard Call distance setup .
The way I am set-up though it is like WhatThe [beeep] , I am married to batteries .. I am vested in batteries for NV, IR supplement units , LRF , Therm. unit , and then Call & Remote . I try to get good prices for battery power but it just ..'is what it is' .

Last edited:
indexfinger. have you ever owned or used one of the higher priced FoxPro callers? the ones that use the tx1000 remote? those will help a bunch with the line of sight and distance problems.

as far as batteries. invest in the type you can recharge. only way to go. lot of money saved.

Originally Posted By: ALFISHERGood Day,

My name is Aaron, and I'm a part of the FOXPRO Technical Support Team. At FOXPRO, we will help you through any issues you may have, big or small. If you continue to experience remote based problems, feel free to contact us at 717-248-2507 and we'll help you out the best we can. To achieve the best remote operation possible, you must always try to maintain clear line of sight between the remote and the caller. Anything that gets in the way of the radio signal will throw it off causing operation to be very hit or miss. If possible, try to elevate the caller off the ground a few feet, this can really help with radio reception.

Before I go we ask here at Foxpro that you all routinely check your calls even in the off season just to be sure no moisture or anything of that nature has damaged the call and that all the electrical components are working perfectly for your next hunting adventure.

Thank You Gentlemen
Aaron
Foxpro Technical Support
I had problems on grass a closed down golf course .You know that song wave your hand in the air like you just don't care.Well we hellfire users wave our hands in the air to send a signal .just face it that unit is a piece of crap either up grade it or discontinue it.

Last edited:
Back