7mm Blaser Mag. Anyone ever load for one????

B23

7mm Blaser Mag. anyone ever load for one??

I've got a Remington LSS 300 Winnie I picked up a couple years ago thats been sitting collecting dust and I've got a hankering for a light-ish (7-8lbs less scope) 7mm that'll shoot 180 Bergers around 3000fps maybe a bit more and the 7mm Blaser Mag has caught my eye but finding any load data is nearly impossible. The 7mm Blaser has nearly the exact same case capacity as the 7mm Rem Mag so I suppose that could be used as a starting point.

It's a rather obscure cartridge and before last week I'd never even heard of it but finding decent 7 WSM brass is a no go and I'm no particular fan of belted cases so that ruled out a 7mm Rem mag. I don't want anything bigger than a 26in fluted #4 barrel and IMO the 28 Nosler, 7STW, and 7-300Wby need at least a 28in tube to take advantage of that extra powder in a .284 bore so they're out as well.

If anyone has ever loaded for a 7mm Blaser I'd be thrilled to hear what your experience was like and what you found to work or even what didn't work. It looks like RL33, N570, RL26 and maybe even IMR 7977 could be good choices but only time will tell.

I knew the Blaser cartridge line wasn't very popular but with all the 7mm fans/shooters that are out there I would have thought someone had built one of these things before. Guess I'll have to be the first.

Originally Posted By: biggen0_8I can't speak at all to the 7mm Blaser, but have you considered the 7MM RUM? I believe it will make 180's @ 3000

Ohhhh, I'm sure a 7mm RUM will get ya 3000 FPS with the 180's and probably quite easily over that.

I wanted something around the Rem 7mm mag case size but without the belt. Thought about doing a 7WSM or even a 7SAUM but I'm not sure how well they'd feed from a long action and finding straight 7WSM or 7SAUM brass has been rather difficult and with nearly all my other rifles being "improved" versions of their parent case I thought I'd try one that was a straight load an go with no sizing or fireforming.

Back