Is Trump Making Gaffes Or Simply Being Brilliant?

azmastablasta

"These are not gaffes or slips of the tongue. Trump is deliberately using language that can be construed in the worse possible way in order to generate publicity." Well duh, the idiotic liberals are just now figuring this out. How much is Clinton spending in ads? And her so-called organization that can only get a measly couple of hundred people to her rallies? Meanwhile, with little organization and almost nothing spent on campaign ads, Trump draws thousands and gets twice or three times the air time of his opponent.

Back in the Presidential Prediction Business
Posted on August 13, 2016 by Mike Street Station

After a week in which the media has gone apoplectic over Trump saying Obama was a founder of ISIS, I was finally able to get some clues as to what is actually going on in Trump’s head. First it should be noted that the entire kerfuffle is all Media generated. When Hillary Clinton said that Trump was “the recruiting sergeant for ISIS” a few months ago, there were no equivalent media spasms that Clinton has gone too far. Instead Trump had to explain how he wasn’t recruiting for ISIS. But of course there is no point in once again pointing out the biased coverage against any generic Republican nominee. They have all been racist, sexist, homophobes who are literally Hitler. But what makes Trump different is that the media has always pretended to be “objective.” Now, they’ve taken off the gloves and admitted it’s impossible to be objective.

The New York Times columnist Jim Rutenberg made that point clear in last Sunday’s column:

“If you’re a working journalist and you believe that Donald J. Trump is a demagogue playing to the nation’s worst racist and nationalistic tendencies, that he cozies up to anti-American dictators and that he would be dangerous with control of the United States nuclear codes, how the heck are you supposed to cover him?

Because if you believe all of those things, you have to throw out the textbook American journalism has been using for the better part of the past half-century, if not longer, and approach it in a way you’ve never approached anything in your career. If you view a Trump presidency as something that’s potentially dangerous, then your reporting is going to reflect that. You would move closer than you’ve ever been to being oppositional. That’s uncomfortable and uncharted territory for every mainstream, non opinion journalist I’ve ever known, and by normal standards, untenable.

But the question that everyone is grappling with is: Do normal standards apply? And if they don’t, what should take their place?”

Clearly it’s laughable that the media thinks it’s been objective the whole time, and only now, in 2016, is that wavering. But this is a signal I think to the rest of the MSM, that it’s time to pull out all the stops and sabotage Trump by any means necessary. After all, if you could go back in time and take out Hitler before he became chancellor, wouldn’t you? That seems to be the medias position on Trump; stop him at all costs. What are journalistic ethics compared to stopping “literally Hitler?”

But I say that just to point out the media environment that Trump is facing. Getting back to my main point, I think I’ve figured Trump out (or at least a part of how he thinks). A few weeks ago I wrote a post about predictions and said this regarding this year’s Presidential race:

“So when it comes to predicting this year’s race…I’m out. I think Trump could win if his campaign confiscates his twitter account, keeps him on a steady diet of prepared speeches, and Muslims continue to be Muslim. However all of the default conditions that make me think the Democrats have a natural advantage in Presidential years are still in play. “

But now I’ve got a clue to how Trump thinks, so I think I feel comfortable in actually making a prediction. A few days ago on the Hugh Hewitt Show there was this interesting exchange between Hewitt and Trump regarding the “Founder of ISIS” situation:

HH: Well, that, you know, I have a saying, Donald Trump, the mnemonic device I use is Every Liberal Really Seems So, So Sad. E is for Egypt, L is for Libya, S is for Syria, R is for Russia reset. They screwed everything up. You don’t get any argument from me. But by using the term founder, they’re hitting with you on this again. Mistake?

DT: No, it’s no mistake. Everyone’s liking it. I think they’re liking it. I give him the most valuable player award. And I give it to him, and I give it to, I gave the co-founder to Hillary. I don’t know if you heard that.

HH: I did. I did. I played it.

DT: I gave her the co-founder.

HH: I know what you’re arguing…

DT: You’re not, and let me ask you, do you not like that?

HH: I don’t. I think I would say they created, they lost the peace. They created the Libyan vacuum, they created the vacuum into which ISIS came, but they didn’t create ISIS. That’s what I would say.

DT: Well, I disagree.

HH: All right, that’s okay.

DT: I mean, with his bad policies, that’s why ISIS came about.

HH: That’s…

DT: If he would have done things properly, you wouldn’t have had ISIS.

HH: That’s true.

DT: Therefore, he was the founder of ISIS.

HH: And that’s, I’d just use different language to communicate it, but let me close with this, because I know I’m keeping you long, and Hope’s going to kill me.

DT: But they wouldn’t talk about your language, and they do talk about my language, right?

HH: Well, good point. Good point.

And that is when I had my epiphany. These are not gaffes or slips of the tongue. Trump is deliberately using language that can be construed in the worse possible way in order to generate publicity. With decades of experience at being a celebrity, he has taken to heart the publicist adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. And in terms of generating publicity, he’s been an outstanding success if you count it by minutes of airtime or lines of copy in print. Certainly there would have been zero media coverage discussing poor decisions by the Obama administration leading to the creation of ISIS without Trump. Getting those issues out there and forcing a hostile media to talk about issues they don’t want to discuss is also a success.

However in politics, that isn’t reflected in the polls. Kanye West is great at generating publicity for him, but at the cost of it being almost uniformly bad publicity. This may be a great strategy for getting on Page 6, but it’s a terrible one if your goal is to win a general election. So my reason for not making a prediction on the election earlier was because I thought that Trump could easily fix his problems; stop attacking other Republicans, stick to prepared speeches and stump speeches, ease off twitter, and his polling would go back up because after all, people really don’t like Hillary Clinton and would love for an excuse not to vote for her. But Trump thinks that generating unfavorable publicity is the ticket to success, and as long as he both thinks and acts like it is, Hillary Clinton is the next President.

God help us all, as her vengeance will be mighty!

https://mikestreetstation.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/back-in-the-presidential-prediction-business/

He is playing on a different level and they don't even have enough intellect to understand that.

The GOP establishment morons came out and said they would cut spending while blowing millions fighting trump. He beat them, and spent less than all of them.

Imagine if he could do that very same thing in office with just cleaning up the spending in the Federal departments. (all under his control as President) wouldn't need congress.

They are worthless anyways(congress) they are supposed to function as oversight and have failed miserably. They can't stop obama, they wouldn't have the foggiest on how to deal with someone that actually wanted to spend less.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZHe is playing on a different level and they don't even have enough intellect to understand that.

The GOP establishment morons came out and said they would cut spending while blowing millions fighting trump. He beat them, and spent less than all of them.

Imagine if he could do that very same thing in office with just cleaning up the spending in the Federal departments. (all under his control as President) wouldn't need congress.

They are worthless anyways(congress) they are supposed to function as oversight and have failed miserably. They can't stop obama, they wouldn't have the foggiest on how to deal with someone that actually wanted to spend less.

What you are referring to Hitler could have done, but our democracy and constitution would cause the reality of what Trump thinks he could do to be irrelevantly illegal.

It seems to me like Trump is simply stating what most conservatives have been thinking all along, but since the liberal media is in charge of what people hear, see and think these conservative ideas never got any air time.

I don't mean it as an insult but I haven't really heard anything from Trump that's a groundbreaking new idea, it's just conservative ideas that are swept under the rug and stomped out. For the most part the only people getting their feathers ruffled over Trump's statements are ether illegal and worried about getting shipped out or mainstream liberal bots that live in the cities that don't even know what conservatism is, and the ladder eat up the terrible coverage of Trump without ever even hearing a speech from him.

I don't know any conservatives that don't feel Obama and Hitlery weren't key players in the creating of ISIS. Same for most of what Trump has said, wanting to lower taxes and bring jobs back, wanting to solve immigration problems and even stating that the "2nd Amendment people" could stop hillary from taking their guns and possibly starting a 3rd world war. These things weren't new to conservative conversations it's the liberal's minds that are blown. He has gone off the deep end a couple times like wanting to register muslims and ship them all out, but he isn't a politician and with the fact that everything he mutters is scrutinized as heavily as possible the is going to say something he probably shouldn't have and catch heat, but for the most part everything negative reported about him is just to get the ignorant liberals as fired up as possible.

Trump is playing the media and the rest of the liberals, like a finely tuned fiddle! And, they are all to ignorant to realize it.

When a liberal claims your doing something, they are the ones that are actually doing it.

They can't wrap their minds around the idea that the rest of us are not doing what they are doing.

They claim Trump is racist.. Yet, their emails show them as the true racists.

Your a bigot, yep emails prove who is actually doing that.

The list goes on and on.

I keep catching more and more people referring to Trump as being brilliant. I just read an article that agrees, they think that Trump is throwing the race intentionally, and points out several things that support that.

You have to wonder about a few things that a brilliant marketing guy would or would not do. The guy who has a total grasp of how people are responding to the things he says and does would immediately respond to any negative reactions with an immediate pivot that plays to a demographic he needs to win over.

He has a 30 percent base of loyal supporters that will be there no matter what he does, literally anything could come out and they are there. So when he says something that offends a group he needs he is plenty smart enough, some say brilliant, to know that he needs to recant or explain off the offensive remark, his loyal base of 30% will understand and realize he needs to do that to play to these different groups. He is over and over cementing the errors that his base loves, and are toxic to one group or another. It's looking like he wants how toxic he is to be forever cemented into the minds of the groups he needs to win over.

He is intentionally alienating the media, including FOX. He is alienating the RNC and the GOP in ways that nobody with a brain would do if he understood that he would be completely dead in the water without forging some sort of working relationship with. He is setting up his exit strategy, he is getting little to no support from the RNC, it is likely that they are not going to fund his campaign the way it needs to be funded. He has put no money into advertising, and what he has spent on his campaign (of supposedly his own money, which he has not given to the campaign yet) has mostly gone toward venues he owns for campaign events, thereby going back into his own pocket. He is holding money back because it would be legal if he quits to pay himself back the money he was supposedly "self funding" his campaign with.

Now here's where I'm going to tip my hat to Trump, because I truly think he could have won had he wanted to. I think he is capable of a better campaign than he has run. He is actually ahead on money to date if he pays himself back the loan he made to his campaign. He has set the RNC up for a Yuuuge lawsuit, on grounds that they have not provided the support for the elected nominee, it could get into hundreds of millions for the damage to the Trump name and brand. He has set himself up to not be able to get a fair trial in any of the numerous lawsuits and prosecutions headed his way. He has been involved in thousands of lawsuits, he sues for personal slights, he actually has somewhat of a valid suit here if he gets the right courts and attorneys.

He has no ground staff infrastructure and a bare bones campaign staff, he does not intend to be there for the election.

Rather than try to tell me how full of bull I am take me up on a case or two of beer, put your money where your mouth is. Either he does or doesn't actually stick it out.

Come on T-bone, Rocky, and snot. Tell me how you feel when you commit to a case or two of beer, I'm a bit shy of the 30 cases I figured to get (or buy).

Mastaazblasta, you too, you could have Vinnie and Guido bring it to me, make it two cases. I'm sure your buds would do that for you.

Last edited:
Back