Instructions on Howling.

It's all good.

Rich, no need to remove the sound files. I used to host them on my website for you.

Songdog, Variety is the spice of life. Also, I love your signature. I remember all the questions about your cow tip calls. Too funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks...Tony

I believe tony stated in the beginning that it was his opinion and that it was not iron clad! so if anyone took it as so it was their own fault if indeed there was reason to be at fault!
I have heard in person ,tony do his calls! they sound much better in person and I believe them to be fairly accurate! I am not a howler, but have killed more than my fair share of coyotes! budmandan asked for tony's opinion! no one elses .
predator masters is starting to look like another board I wont mention.a lot of new comers are intimidated by this approach and will not post for fear of being attacked or bullied! it should'n t be that way here! if you have a different opinion start you own post to state it or do so in private!
it's going to get to where PM has no call makers advertizing ! the list is starting shrink!
just my opinion!
keep 'em coming tony! you do a great job!

I wanted to know Rich Higgins opinion about this thread since he gives seminars on howling, Predatormasters hunt this last year, and he wins or places in all the contests he enters including beating Rich Cronk in the Super Howl a couple of years ago. So I emailed him Here is his answer

maslatrans? I took a look at the thread and thought Tony did a good job. I didn't agree with all of it but he provided a good foundation for his students to practice with and develope their individual styles with. I can't comment on Mr. Cronk's posts, they had been deleted.

Thanks for the informative post. I am a newbie,and I was asking how you know the difference between the different howls. Now I know. THANK YOU.

You're welcome. Take it for what it's worth. One guys perspective. I've spent alot time on stands this season and have learned alot more. That's the name of the game. I might update the post with some new stuff learned.

Thanks...Tony

Mr. Tebbe, Thank you for your info!
I will gladly listen to any advice from the CUSTOM call makers, as well as any guys who have hunted for a while!! This includes call makers who are new to the business.

This is something the inexperienced/new hunters definitely need to do. I've been after coyotes for years, & still learn something new, all the time.

Again, Thank You!!!!

hey tony, i tryed holding my call like you said. and man did it make a world of difference in the sound. more control like you said!! thanks for the info.

Thanks for the wav files. I was listening to the pup distress and in from the other room comes my 9 month old chocolate lab running with one of those "what the hell is going on?" looks.

what works in one area of the country may not work in another. I wish rich hadnt deleted his posts. I do alot of calling for deer and what i do in southern michigan rarely works in northern michigan and what works up north never works down here. Havent been able to fiqure it out yet.

Tony,
Many bow-downs to you. I got a new cow horn howler, and I was was way off base with it. More like using the Busted call. Thanks for taking the time to help those under-developed callers. I do agree, it is all in the practice, and if there are others who feel they have a howl that compares, please tell us what it is. I am more than interested in learning. Who better to teach than someone who knows nothing about it.

Thanks. I probably need to go back and re-review what I originally posted. I've practiced myself alot since this original post. I hope my howling has improved since then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks...Tony

Back