6.8 SPC load for hogs

Bruised

I have an opportunity to hunt hogs in a few days. I'd really like to use my 6.8. The only loads I have at the moment are handloads consisting of a 90gr Speer TNT at 2900 fps or a 110gr Hornady BTHP at 2750 fps. I realize that neither is optimal for hogs but does anyone have any experience with either of these bullets. Which would be the best choice? I always try for ear shots on hogs. I won't have time to get anything else sighted in.
Thanks
Bruised

the 110gr Hornady BTHP should work great even with body shots especially on hogs under 200 pounds. post pics!

My favorite for hogs is the 120gr SST by far. But i have taken some with the hornady 110gr BTHP, along with some deer with them. They work ok.
I hit them between the ear and the front shoulder when i can, if they are running i just send some their way till i get a hit.

Thank you all. If I didn't get any replies the 110gr would have been my first choice since the TNT is supposed to be more of a varmint bullet. I'm glad to see some positive results with the Hornady. When it cools down a little I will be working on a more appropriate deer/hog round.
Thanks
Bruised

Look into the Silver State armory SIERRA PROHUNTERS OR THE ACCUBOND LINES. I HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITHT HE COMMERCIAL LINES ON HOGS, DEER, RED STAG, COYOTES, BASICALLY EVERYTHING I HUNT WITH THEM

I'm glad to hear your recommendation for the Accubond. I was finally able to order some last week. I'm really looking forward to trying them.
Bobby

Back