scopes for ar's

For longer range and targets I have a 4.5-18 on it and for hunting a 1.5-6x40mm with Illuminated dot.

For longer range and targets I have a 4.5-18 on it and for hunting a 1.5-6x40mm with Illuminated dot.

Originally Posted By: bryan hOriginally Posted By: KGPLEUPOLD and don't look back.

X2
x3

all my scopes are Leupold now especially after the fantastic customer service I experienced a few weeks ago when I sent a VX-R Patrol in for a new reticle (6.8 SPC)

all Leupold now

VX-R Patrol 1.25-4 x 30mm on my 6.8 SPC II for whitetails here in MN

2-VXIII 4.5-14 x 30mm tube on my coyote AR and bolt action, awesome at dark (full moon)

2-VXIII 2-10 x 30mm tube on other deer hunting bolt actions

VXIII 1.5-5 x 20mm on my Savage 99CD

Few months ago Cabels had the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 3-9x40 w/duplex on sale for $249 and with the purchase you got a free Leupold Mark 2 Integrated Mounting System which cost $99 on its own so I thought it was a decent deal.

Put it on a little M&P 15-22 I'd just bought for my daughter. I'm not a real big fan of the duplex reticle but it's a pretty decent little scope and I'm thinking about putting one on a Seekins Prec SP15C I bought a couple months ago.

FYI, Leupold has a $50 off deal going on for their Mark AR Mod 1 scopes.
https://www.leupold.com/rewards/

Last edited:
i'm running 4-12x40 on most of my guns - primarily vortex diamondbacks for their budget minded vs features and quality based price point.

i've got a vxIII floating around in the mix as well - but unfortunately my budget doesnt allow for that level of glass on all my guns
smile.gif

they sure are nice if you can afford them.

3-9x40 is my favorite by far. I've actually had good luck with Bushnell. The ones I've used adjust easily and hold zero. I just bought a Vortex, and I'm not too impressed. I only got 2 1/2 range sessions out of it on my 300BLK, before I had to take it off and mail it back. I guess I'll find out how well that VIP warranty works.

Back