To buy or not

pyscodog

With the upcoming elections, do you think AR sales will go through the roof again? I'm not a real AR guy but wondering if I should buy one or build one just to have it "in case". Curious as to what you folks think??

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWith the upcoming elections, do you think AR sales will go through the roof again? I'm not a real AR guy but wondering if I should buy one or build one just to have it "in case". Curious as to what you folks think??

There is no question in my mind it will happen again. So YES!!

Greg

can't hurt, if you find something you like at a decent price. right now prices are pretty reasonable, no reason to get clipped.

if you've got the extra funds, now would be the time IMHO. as stu said.. the AR market is pretty flooded with manufacturer's (and therefore parts, accessories and firearms) and prices are probably almost as low as i've seen them since obama took office.

we're still far enough from the election that the panic hasn't started yet - and i strongly predict there will be another one (think 2008 election cycle)

depending on how much it looks that hillary will win (based on the polls) will determine how bad its going to get.

if she does something reeeeely dumb and it looks to be a trump landslide, we may not see much of a spike in sales at all.

if the tables are turned and it looks like hillary is going to win... it could get ugly.

i'm guessing the pre-election panic will peak sometime around early to mid october.

obviously if she wins in november, all bets are off and i suspect it'll make the post sandy hook buying spree look like the line for the ferris wheel at your local county fair.

again, this is all speculation on my part, but based on what i've seen happen in recent history and knowing what kind of nonsense the b!tch is likely to pull regarding firearms if she is successful in her presidential bid.

so yea, get while the getting is good.

personally i'm tempted to buy a couple 80% lowers and a jig to sit on.. just in case.

Some parts are already drying up in the market place because of the demand. The guys I know in the industry are shipping a shard as they can and can't keep up and I do know a few!! Deals on any parts are not near as frequent as they were three months ago.

Greg

Last edited:
Someone on here stated that lower prices were artificially low. I immediately called my dealer and ordered a bunch more. The manufacturer would only ship ten at their current prices, they said after that the price would go up $20. I think we will only see prices go higher. Might as well buy well you can.

Originally Posted By: barkSomeone on here stated that lower prices were artificially low. I immediately called my dealer and ordered a bunch more. The manufacturer would only ship ten at their current prices, they said after that the price would go up $20. I think we will only see prices go higher. Might as well buy well you can.

That is correct. Prices are artificially low right now based on the costs to manufacturer a lower. There is a fair amount of machining involved, several markups, and a fair amount of paperwork to be having forged lowers in the ~$50 range. The Anderson Lowers are pretty inexpensive and good lowers to toss in a safe for sure.

This year is going to be crazy, most likely. We've had a hard time keeping lowers in stock and have sold thousands of em this summer. Its going to be an interesting year. Manufacturers raising prices wouldn't be surprising, especially those at the lower end of the price spectrum.

and if you're interested in some items but haven't checked Joe Bobs, you should. they often have as good or better prices than anyone else & have a pretty large selection.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishand if you're interested in some items but haven't checked Joe Bobs, you should. they often have as good or better prices than anyone else & have a pretty large selection.

And the best CS in the business...plus it's a Veteran owned company too.

We've had 8yrs under democratic rule, and gun laws in most areas have done nothing but get better and less non-sensical. For those of you in liberal states, well, you're F*cked no matter who takes the Federal office.

Frankly, I think the burn on AR's is already starting, wholly driven by those profiting by selling them. If Clinton takes office, the $hit is going to hit the fan in the market for the first year, then it'll settle back down again, just the same as it has for all of these other events in recent years.

The AR industry seems to be taking a lesson from OPEC - control the supply to create the appearance of shortage and drive panic demand, then you can set the price.

Then again, maybe I'm not to worried simply because I have all of the AR's and AR parts I could ever need, so if I end up in a shortage where I just WANT something I have trouble finding, I'll be fine.

The shop had the Smith & Wesson M&P's on sale for $490 and tax. We sold 8 yesterday and the last 3 today. Guess I missed that deal. AR sales are definitely up this week-end. Something must have scared them into buying.

Take a look at what happened in Massachusetts and their's your answer, i'd at least stock up on lowers.

Now before you say "well thats commie Massachusetts, what do you expect!?!" I know... but if Hillary gets her picks forget about it, this could be nationwide.

I picked up a nice little Seekins Prec. SP15 from Cabelas when they had them on sale a couple months ago and then a Sig MCX pistol w/SBX arm stabilizing brace in 5.56 w/11.5 barrel insisted on following me home about 3-4 weeks ago. Now if Sig would just hurry up with those 300BLK conversion kits for these things.

I sometimes wonder if the AR style pistols will be the first to get banned so I figured it may be a good time to snatch one up.

Back