Finishsed my first AR

Scalian

Putting together an AR15 has been on the list of to do for a while now. Just seems like there was always something else that came up to spend my play money on. I live close to Brownell's and they had a good deal on complete DPMS lowers the other week so i decided to drive down and pick one up. The plan was to collect parts as I found good deals on them and have a complete gun by next spring. Well I came across a sale on stock and trigger I wanted and then found an upper for sale here in the forums not long after I had picked up the lower. So now long ahead of the plan I have an AR

DPMS lower
Geissele Hi-Speed DMR Trigger
Luth-Ar MBA-3 Carbine Stock
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul trigger guard (not pictured)
RRA Predator Pursuit 20" upper
Nikon M223 Scope Mount
Vortex Diamond Back HP 4-16 x 40 Scope

Found a solid .5 MOA load with 55 vmax and 8208 XBR running 3051 FPS with an ES of 14

So far very happy with the gun now just need to test it on some fur.

I started at 24g and worked up .3 at a time to 25.5. 24.6 and 24.9 were good groups .5 - .75. I them loaded from 24.5 - 25 .1g at a time and best ES of 11 was at 24.9 with groups regulatory shooting .5 if i didn't do anything stupid and pull a shot. With a velocity of 3051 it matches my drop retical within 5 yards for 200 300 and 400 with a 100 yard zero.

How do you like the Luth stock? Kinda been eyeballing them, but have yet to get one in hand. Looks like a nice setup to me.

I like the stock its adjustable and light and I like the fact that it fit right onto my carbine buffer tube. If I ever wanted to go back to and standard 6 position carbine stock all I have to do it pull a pin slide off this stock and slide the 6 position back on. It is also nice that I can adjust the stock shorter when my GF wants to shoot it. Once things are tightened down they is no play or movement and it is very solid.

Last edited:
Looks good.
smile.gif

Got out this weekend and shot some steal to distance. Shot out to 500 yards and things looked really good.

Here is a typical 400 yard group.

Back