Got a coyote with my wife and kids

dustinyotes

I have tried to get my family out coyote hunting this summer, they are not fans of the cold temperatures in the winter. I took my wife a few weeks ago and she got her first coyote and my kids have been after me ever since. When I got home from work Friday my 5 year old daughter kept showing me how quiet and still she can sit and insisted that she is old enough to go coyote hunting now. Any time one of my kids wants to go hunting is great with me so we made plans to go first thing Saturday morning.

My oldest two kids were out of town but my wife, 13 year old son, and 5 year old daughter all were up and ready to go at 5 AM. I had a spot in mind that was only a few minutes from home, when we got there we walked over a small sagebrush ridge and started to call. At first light we had several coyotes answer to a group howl on my Foxpro and my dog Jo headed towards the coyotes. We couldn't see the coyotes but I could hear them barking at Jo as they were circling around to our left behind a small hill. My son and I crawled through the sagebrush over the hill to see if we could get the coyotes in sight but when we got to the top of the hill my son spotted a coyote and it had seen us but was still barking at Jo. We sat down and I tried to get my son on the coyote but it started circling to our downwind and he could not get a steady shot. Just before it disappeared over the hill I shot and dropped the coyote.

Here is the coyote and my wife and kids. It was a decent sized male.

We went to one more spot but didn't have any luck.

The early morning was a bit much for my daughter so she took a nap.

There is nothing better than family coyote hunting trips.

Amen to that!!!
HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Awesome! Great job getting the family involved! I'm impatiently waiting to get my 2 youngest and my wife out with me!

That's a great story! I love taking my daughter with me too. She's 7 now and we have fun too. I think that I see her in that position more than I do awake and watching. LOL

Originally Posted By: CaliCoyoteCallerThe best hunts in the world are with the kids and family!!

I agree 100%.

Thanks for all of the kind comments, family hunting time is my favorite thing to do.

Back