Hornaday 300 Weatherby Brass

Ramjet

Anybody try this brass. It is substantially less expensive than the others . I'm currently using Remington and Norma but if Hornaday is good value I am going to try it.

Are you looking for some 300 Weatherby brass? I sold mine 7 or 8 years and still have at least one box of new unprimed 300 Weatherby brand brass and some once fired cases as well.

I've reloaded Hornady and have had no issues, BUT, I only neck size and I anneal after every 3 firings. And I have 15 reloads from some brass and impishly .300 Weatherby pretty hard.

Last edited:
Are yall running flat base bullets. Both of my 300s like the grand slams in 165 and 180 grn. Favorite powders are 4350 4831 and rl 22. Fed 215 primers. About 1 grain under max seems to be the sweet spot. This is usually a little different from the books.

I tell you what, my vanguard shot 1 hole groups at 100, with Weatherby factory 150gr SP, I reload and I can't come close to that accuracy and I've tried just about everything. My next step will be flat base bullets. I may have to try the grand slams.

I've reloaded WBY .300 for years. Always used WBY brass.

Have had really good luck with Hornady Interbonds (180s) and H4831

Just got some of the new ELD-X to try but haven't found the right load yet...

If you want to try a grand slam. 78.5 grains Imr 4350 165GS Fed 215 to factory length. Both of my rifles have a distaste for boattail bullets if you try to push them to good speed. Anyone else see this? My rifles are MK Vs with 26 inch barrels.

I may have to give that a try. I can usually find 1 1/2" - 2"groups with any bullet which is plenty, but I know it can shoot better. Think I'll try working up to your load if my test loads don't work out.

My 300 Weatherby is a Vanguard and it has a preference for flat base bullets. My hand loads shoot pretty good but nothing has shot quite as good as the Remington factory load with the 180 gr Corelokt bullet. I have bought some Corelokts and am working up a load with H1000 and Ramshot Magnum right now. I also have some 180 gr Speer Hot Cores as well. I am going to try them next.

I have a wby vanguard in 300wby, I have been handloading for it for many years. It mainly likes barnes TTSX bullets 168gr with 84gr of imr7828 gives me 3140fps out of a 24" barrel.

last year I made up a new load using the barnes 200gr LRX and RL22 at 75gr is giving me av 2960fps and great groups under 1/2moa at 100yards and several hits on the 1000yard plate with that load.

I always used wby brand brass and fed 215GM primers. seating depth is limited in my vanguard to about 3.570" so I just load it to book COAL at 3.56"

Back