Burris Veracity

fastfossil

I'm looking for a scope first and for most for hunting predators and varmits like prairie dogs, at range. Second I would like to shoot for small groups at 100 and 200 yds on paper. (eggs at 150) I like some of the ideas behind the Burris veracity but not sure of what I'll see when coyote hunting. The reticle stays the same on all magnifications which I think would be nice on the higher end of the magnification scale but think it might hinder your targeting at the lower end, ie: small reticle and hard to see in early morning light etc. This is where 90% of my hunting is, 3X or 4X. I have not had the opportunity to look through one yet. I've never looked through a FFP scope either. I've heard good things about this scope but not from varmit hunters. So what does the real world guys have to say.
Thanks

A first focal plane scope with a ballistic reticle is very practical IMO.
And good for Burris, it was about time someone came out with a scope like this.
Mine will be a 5-25...Haven't got it yet.
If you are using a reticle for drop and drift, FFP is the way to go.

Xphunter, ive been ready to pull the trigger on an xtr ii for a while, the only hold up is not being able to look through one in person as nobody around here carries them on hand. Just how fine is the reticle on low power?

XP I'm with FAIRCHASE. I think the scope will be great for long range stuff just a little worried about my close range hunting. Only thing I have to go by is a you tube video and it shows the reticle looking pretty small and tough to aim at the lower end of the power range. And I think if your out early, or in the dark woods it will only make it harder to target your pray. Guess I'd better find a store that has one to look through first.

I have the veracity 5-25 ffp varmint.. On 5 power the crosshair are pretty fine but able to still put on target even in low light..
As for 100 yard and turned up to 25 the crosshairs get quite big and covers a push pin, so hard to see it.. But it works fine..
Now at 1000 yards We have a small hunting shed at 1000 yards and you can see everything inside thru the window..
Zero stop works great and just a really good scope....If I got another one, I would do the 3-15.. More than enough power for hunting and little groups at 100 yrds... Dan

Originally Posted By: xphunterWhat magnification range are you considering?

I run all my current hunting rigs currently with 4.5 on the bottom end and prefer to keep it right in there, 4-20 or 5-25 eitger will suit my needs in a power range quite well it may very well come down to what's available when I decide to order. I buy my scopes from the same guy and these Burris scopes have been real hit or miss from his supplier.

For hunting big game and yotes (low light), I would likely go with a 3-15 or possibly the 4-20.
I have taken big game past 1K with 15x.
Plenty of X's to make critical shots out to a grand.

I own 7 XTR-II scopes, along with many other Burris optics. Love them all. The Veracity will be next. It was just rated Outdoor Lifes Best Buy this year in their optics tests. I think you will Love the scope.

I have the 3-15 Veracity on my 6x45 and love it. I usually don't go below 5 power and the reticle does great at closer ranges. Glass is clear and Burris has a great warranty if if ever need it. Don't care for the the setup they use to set the scope dials to zero.

I see Burris is now offering the Veracity with what they call M.A.D knobs which as far as I can tell are basically target turrets. Looked at one today, fairly impressive.

Does anyone know where this scope is made? I know Light Optical Works (LOW as many refer to them) from Japan is considered one of the better OEMs for optic companies, but wasn't sure if this was an actual Burris made optic, or an OEM from someplace overseas. Hopefully this hasn't already been answered in another thread. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: MatlockDoes anyone know where this scope is made? I know Light Optical Works (LOW as many refer to them) from Japan is considered one of the better OEMs for optic companies, but wasn't sure if this was an actual Burris made optic, or an OEM from someplace overseas. Hopefully this hasn't already been answered in another thread. Thanks!

The Veracity scopes come out of the Burris facility in the Philippines.

Originally Posted By: MatlockDoes anyone know where this scope is made? I know Light Optical Works (LOW as many refer to them) from Japan is considered one of the better OEMs for optic companies, but wasn't sure if this was an actual Burris made optic, or an OEM from someplace overseas. Hopefully this hasn't already been answered in another thread. Thanks!

Like the majority of optics companies, Burris doesn't make anything.

Back