VERY good read!! Informational.

If I have a choice between calling up wind or down. I call down wind.

The only time I have a real issue with calling down wind is when it is up about 10 to 15 mph and if I have any elevation it's not much of a problem.

When calling in big flat country I try to drive into the hunting area from the down wind side and call against the wind if it is possible to do it.

We really don't have much wind we just hope we have a breeze going so we can use it.

Driving from stand to stand with the wind or breeze in our face the sound and scent of the truck is going back behind us not in front of us where we will make the calling stands.

I try to walk straight against the wind from my truck so that my scent and the scent I leave on the ground are inline with the scent of my truck. I want to leave the narrowest scent cone I can when calling in flat country.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobWhen calling in big flat country I try to drive into the hunting area from the down wind side and call against the wind if it is possible to do it.

We really don't have much wind we just hope we have a breeze going so we can use it.

Driving from stand to stand with the wind or breeze in our face the sound and scent of the truck is going back behind us not in front of us where we will make the calling stands.

I try to walk straight against the wind from my truck so that my scent and the scent I leave on the ground are inline with the scent of my truck. I want to leave the narrowest scent cone I can when calling in flat country.

The above statement, pretty well matches what I have always done (whenever possible).
It has varied sometimes, depending on how the terrain laid, as well as how determined I was to have the sun in my favor.

As far as the article, I actually have the issue that was in.
Lance (IMHO) knows his stuff.
cool.gif

Back