Almost finished with my new coyote rifle

PowellSixO

I've got a Specialized Dynamics 204 ruger AR built already, and it absolutely love it. I never thought I'd like an AR for a coyote rifle, but I was wrong. I like them so much I decided to build a budget rifle for coyote hunting for close shots (I hate bringing shotguns), and in thick nasty stuff where I don't care if the rifle gets scraped or dinged. After building a few budget PSA AR's for my dad, I decided to give them a try myself.

I first got one of their blemished lowers
Then I ordered an A2 buttstock kit from them
Then I ordered one of their premium bcgs
Then I ordered one of their charging handles
Then last but not least I ordered one of their 18" 223 wylde rifle length uppers
I topped it off with a set of Burris Xtreme 30mm Rings and a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 Scope
Still waiting on my triggertech trigger to come in

Can't wait to get the trigger in, so I can finally shoot it. I ordered a new AR trigger that just came out on the market. It looks promising, but only time will tell. I ordered a triggertech single stage trigger that is adjustable down to 2 lbs. I'll be sure to show you guys some pics when it shows up. It should be here in 1-2 weeks.

This is my Specialized dynamics rifle in 204 ruger.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleI'm gonna have to check out the trigger you mentioned. All I need is another thing to buy. Thanks

I just learned about it from a friend. They're supposed to be "The way of the future". Lol. So I figured I'd try one out. They sound pretty neat. I'll be sure to post some pics of it when I get it, and a review on it.

Here is a link to them.

http://www.triggertech.com/

Originally Posted By: gene10pntrGood looking rifles...how do you like the Vortex Optics?

I love them. I have 3 others too on my deer and elk rifles. Knock on wood, I haven't had a single problem with any of them.

I have:
1- Vortex Viper 4-12x40 (On my 204 Ruger)
2- Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 (One on my 223 Wylde, and one in the safe for another rifle I'm thinking about building)
1- Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 (On my 7mm Rem Mag)
1- Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x44 (On my 243 Win)

I love each of them.

Originally Posted By: driftbusterYou will love the trigger! I tracked one down a couple of weeks and really like it.

That's what I hear from my friend. I can't wait until it gets here. He said he was able to adjust his down to 2lbs even.

Originally Posted By: josebdis the a2 buttstock longer than the collapsable stocks?

Not sure, but the A2 Buttstock measures 10 1/2" long.

I have been thinking about buying an upper from them to build a light weight calling rifle but I am hesitant to buy a 1-7 twist. I am waiting on the right deal on a 1-8.

Last edited:
Finally got my trigger in. I lost my trigger pins somehow or another, so now I'm waiting again. Just ordered some anti walking trigger pins for the rifle yesterday. Hoping they're here by Friday so I can finally shoot this dang thing. Lol.

I did contact them and told them that not including pins is absurd. It held me up for a while too because I didn't have any.

They acknowledged my concern but apparently didn't change anything

Originally Posted By: Redleg84I did contact them and told them that not including pins is absurd. It held me up for a while too because I didn't have any.

They acknowledged my concern but apparently didn't change anything

That's a bit odd. Most AR15 triggers include them. I think the only ones that I can think of that don't are Timney.

I'm not too worried about it. I've wanted to put some anti walking pins in for a while on my other rifle too. This just made me have to do it sooner. Lol.

Back