Anyone still shooting a DPMS 300 Saum?

204 AR

I don't take mine out very often, last shooting a deer with it a couple of years ago, in fact it doesn't have a scope on it right now. I can't even find another one for sale anywhere.

I'm considering a few options: threading the barrel for my suppressor and shooting it more, selling it, leaving it alone in the back of the safe. I worry a little about breaking an extractor as I doubt dpms will have any left.

A buddy had bought one from a guy at work with intentions of using it for a deer rifle. But now he cannt find any brass for it. I was trying to trade him my sw 44 and Ammo for it but then I coundnt find any decent brass so I kinda let it fall to the wayside. I don't think he's shot a box of Ammo thought total. He got some 180gr from Walmart to try it out

The best deal I can find on brass is Shootersproshop, Nosler blems. Still over a buck apiece [beeep]. I've got 150 pieces of Remington brass that will last me forever.

If you do shoot it can I offer some advice? Stick to 168's and under. I used to shoot 178's through mine and got pierced primers, even with mild loads, adjustable gas block, and cci34 primers. 168's though don't seem to be a problem and 110 gr vmax shoot great, as does everything else I've tried.

That's good to know. The factory stuff I'm pretty sure was 180. I'll give home down 110 varmagedon a to try out on some coyotes if he desires to shoot it. If you decide to part ways I've got a 2-1/2" 686 44mag and about 750 rounds of loaded Ammo. Some more bullets and does. Just FYI

Back