grim reaper carni fours finally arrived

Dultimatpredator

I finally received my two packs of carni fours I ordered from Lancaster's today. I opened the first pack to see how the blades deployed...they didn't. Three out of the four broadheads had one bleeder blade that wouldn't drop and felt like it was grinding when pushing it down and on the fouth head neither bleeder blade would drop untill both main blades were completely folded all way down. I called and talked with Matt at grim reaper who explained that the main blades have to be pushed back in order to release the blades...which makes sense.

Last edited:
I open and closed them several times before I called. It's been a couple years since I shot the whitetail specials and remembered the internal spring that lets the blades move reward about a 1/16" when striking your target which was told to me when I called tech service. When this happens it compresses the spring letting the two bleeder blades instantly drop. All four blades are held by the same spring. So in theory it makes sense. In reality, no I haven't tried it yet. I tried doing it with my bare hands and couldn't get it to compress. Matt at grim reaper told me I probably couldn't being its a tougher spring set up designed for high KE and 400 fps crossbows to keep the blades from deploying in flight. I'll test them out on my target by putting a paper plate in front of it. Matt assured me he's done tons of personal testing with them and they will deploy as advertised. I'm using a Stryker solution that shoots 390 plus fps so I'm sure my average10- 30 yard shot will deploy them.

Last edited:
Back