What do YOU do with spare components?

Varminterror

Missus Terror and I (you can guess whose idea it was) are slowly but surely doing a serious spring cleaning this year, getting rid of a lot of stuff we don't need and will never use.

Missus Terror is a shooter and reloader too, so I can't slip anything past her - she knows our reloading inventory as well as I do.

We have lots of left-over bullets from load development which didn't make the cut - bullet weight, construction, brand/models we just don't shoot.

So what do you do with the leftover bullets you DON'T select after load development? Say those 25ish or 75ish rounds left in a box of 50 or 100, respectively. We have boxes on boxes stacked up of stuff we don't use of bullets in different calibers.

Last edited:
Save them for the next gun/load developments. I have the same issue and I couldn't even make an accurate guess on how many partial boxes that I have and think I may need at some point.

Use a Hornady Cam Loct bullet puller and pull the bullets from load development that you did not use.

On the odd ball bullets left in boxes, save them. There may come a time in the near future that you may use them. If the odd stuff bothers you having it around, then offer it for sale on this site at a discount, others will need it.

As has been stated, partial boxes of bullets don't take up much room and they don't eat anything.......might need them some day.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

No such things as left overs. Just bullets that are not loaded into something yet. Just because they dont shoot in a present rifle doesnt mean that they wont in a future one. Plus friends come over and swap things to try.

Last edited:
load them up as plinking rounds. when family comes over and wants to shoot, will they really be able to tell the difference between a half MOA load and a 1½ MOA load?

chances are..... probably not
smile.gif

and if they can, let them shoot the good stuff too!

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Swap deal.

Yep.
You can always take the boxes with smaller numbers of bullets and throw a bunch of them together and put them on the "Pay it forward" in the classifieds.
Folks are always looking for small numbers of bullets to work up loads in a new gun or a new cartridge.

I've sold or traded some, but most I keep around figuring my kids will need them in just a few years when they start experimenting with their own guns and loads. I'm investing in their future, yeah that's the ticket!

I used to give stuff away, but now I keep it as I will probably need it sometime. Or at least pick and chose who gets what. An example would be some old -06 rounds that I had laying around from the 50's, I gave them to a guy and thought he would display them. Also gave him some fairly recent ammo. He Shot everything up them up and threw away the boxes.... Couple of weeks ago one of my boy drug home a .30-06 ???? Go figure.

Back