Dead Air Sandman TI Review

Rangerwalker71

New Review for NFA Reviews. Dead Air Sandman TI

Sandman-TI

Looking for ultimate silence from your precision rifle? The Sandman Ti™ is your huckleberry. With its direct thread attachment and titanium tube it’s the perfect fit for your precision rifle, or even for dedicated use under your AR pattern rifle forend.
The Ti has the class leading solid weld Stellite® baffle core and detachable front cap, just like the rest of our Sandman Series. The exterior is finished in Cerakote® for ultimate durability. Like all of our products, it is backed by a lifetime warranty.

Sandman-TI Specs

Rating: Multi - Up to .300 Win Mag Length: 8.2" Weight: 16.8oz Diameter: 1.5" Finish: Cerakote body Min. Barrel Length: No Restrictions MSRP: $849

Predator Masters Price $685 Shipped.

Predator Masters Price $685 Shipped.

Does this mean that you will transfer to a local FFL for class III for Predator Masters members to be held until the stamp comes in?

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrHey Rangerwalker, what about the sandman s as far as availability?

I have them ready to form 3.
$819 Shipped.

The $685 Price is Shipped to your class III dealer of choice, in your state.

Your in state dealer will do your form 4, and hold the suppressor until it clears the ATF.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

thanks
Steve

Originally Posted By: Rich1Are those user serviceable?

No They are not. However you can change out the Front cap.

If you want a few cleaning formula's just shot me a PM.
Thanks
RLTW
Steve

RangerWalker71,

I have seen several posts about the SAS suppressors and seems like you and many others are big fans. I haven't been able to check them out here in West Texas as no one seems to have them or know much about them. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the newer Dead Air Sandman series, specifically this Ti direct thread. The QD (Sandman L) looks to have a better mounting system than the Saker and Omega that I already own but still quite heavy. I'm looking at Dead Air because there are no minimum barrel lengths and I'm wanting to get into a couple SBR's in 300 BLK and 5.56. What do you think between SAS and the Sandman?

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73RangerWalker71,

I have seen several posts about the SAS suppressors and seems like you and many others are big fans. I haven't been able to check them out here in West Texas as no one seems to have them or know much about them. I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the newer Dead Air Sandman series, specifically this Ti direct thread. The QD (Sandman L) looks to have a better mounting system than the Saker and Omega that I already own but still quite heavy. I'm looking at Dead Air because there are no minimum barrel lengths and I'm wanting to get into a couple SBR's in 300 BLK and 5.56. What do you think between SAS and the Sandman?

The Sandman TI is a very good can, works great for 300's and 556's. Due to the size its not great for magnum cal's. the price is very good as well. for Precision shooting your not going to find a better can then the Arbiter MX or Reaper MX.
I have been running the crap out of mine, couldn't be happier.

Feel free to call me at 816-718-9489, I can go over options and help you out.

thanks
RLTW
Steve

They both meter with in 1 BD of each other. They accuracy is similar as well. Biggest difference is the TI is only DT.
The Reaper MX meters 5 DB's quieter then either of these two. Accuracy is the same across the board. Of the 3 my choices are:
SAS Reaper MX In stock
SandMan TI In Stock
TBAC Ultra 7, 12-16 weeks.

Hope this helps.
RLTW
Steve

I know this is old, but are all do the Sandman suppressors 5/8"-24 threads, or is there a choice? I'm still looking at the Sentinel also or any others that you might think would fit into what we talked about.

Originally Posted By: Rich1I know this is old, but are all do the Sandman suppressors 5/8"-24 threads, or is there a choice? I'm still looking at the Sentinel also or any others that you might think would fit into what we talked about.

Currently 5/8x24 is all they make in the Sandman TI, If you go with a Brake style you have a more options.

The New Arbiter MX TOMB would be the way to go, They are 100% TI, lighter, Accurate, and you can get brakes in all kinds of TPI.

Plus you can use it on 300WM and down.
Feel free to call me if you have any more questions.
Thanks
Steve

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71They both meter with in 1 BD of each other. They accuracy is similar as well. Biggest difference is the TI is only DT.
The Reaper MX meters 5 DB's quieter then either of these two. Accuracy is the same across the board. Of the 3 my choices are:
SAS Reaper MX In stock
SandMan TI In Stock

Hope this helps.
RLTW
Steve

When you say the MX is 5 db quieter were they all measured at the muzzle or at the shooters ear? Suppressors that are quieter at the muzzle are generally louder at the ear because of the back pressure created by the can. I have tested a few side by side ( Omega 30, Sandman-s, Lane Scorpion and Surefire SPS )and the SF was the quietist at the ear but had the higher DB rating than the others.

Originally Posted By: coyotezapperOriginally Posted By: Rangerwalker71They both meter with in 1 BD of each other. They accuracy is similar as well. Biggest difference is the TI is only DT.
SAS Reaper MX In stock
SandMan TI In Stock

Hope this helps.
RLTW
Steve

When you say the MX is 5 db quieter were they all measured at the muzzle or at the shooters ear? Suppressors that are quieter at the muzzle are generally louder at the ear because of the back pressure created by the can. I have tested a few side by side ( Omega 30, Sandman-s, Lane Scorpion and Surefire SPS )and the SF was the quietist at the ear but had the higher DB rating than the others.

That was at the muzzle.

We used Mil-Spec standards, with a B&K Meter. 1 meter high, 1 meter to the left.
Same rifle, same ammo, all testing done the same day.

done on a Bolt action 308 22" barrel.

Most of the time testing is done with bolt guns. HOW EVER we do AR's as well. We usually test at muzzle since that is industry standards and mil-spec standard.

The next time i get the meter out i will test both, on AR-15.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: coyotezapperOriginally Posted By: Rangerwalker71They both meter with in 1 BD of each other. They accuracy is similar as well. Biggest difference is the TI is only DT.
SAS Reaper MX In stock
SandMan TI In Stock

Hope this helps.
RLTW
Steve

That was at the muzzle.

We used Mil-Spec standards, with a B&K Meter. 1 meter high, 1 meter to the left.
Same rifle, same ammo, all testing done the same day.

done on a Bolt action 308 22" barrel.

Most of the time testing is done with bolt guns. HOW EVER we do AR's as well. We usually test at muzzle since that is industry standards and mil-spec standard.

The next time i get the meter out i will test both, on AR-15.

Good info, thanks!!

Back