Cast and blast complete....

tugboater

I haven't posted in awhile. So... I thought I would share my adventures of the last week.

My family and I left Washington and headed to Yellowstone National Park for a week of camping , wild life viewing and fishing. It was also going to be my 40th Birthday while there.

We saw lots of critters, and got to fish the, Madison,Rock Creek, Flint Creek and the Yellowstone in the park. Here is a few pics of a cutthroat I caught on the Yellowstone with my brother.

The fishing was great! It's been awhile since I've done any... My girls had a great time playing in all the rivers as well!

So... The week long adventure was a big success!
I got back to my rural home yesterday, and was feeling a little lost. I'm not ready to be done with the outdoors yet... I decided to get up early and make a few stands.

I got up at 4:30 and hit the road. The first stand was a big old zero. The next stand brought five down the hillside. I only got one....

The third stand brought in 4 and I managed to pull off a triple! I could only find two in the tall brush.

So basically I went 4 for 9, I'm ok with that.
Felling blessed today.

Gorgeous country! Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Never made it to Yellowstone. Is fishing allowed in the park, and if so, is it catch and release?

Regards,
hm

Fishing license for 4 days is like $17 in the park.Some rivers like the Lamar you are required to catch and kill all trout but cutthroat. I catch and release all fish except when required to kill. A Montana license was $65 for 10 days I believe.
But... That's not what this post was about.

The release.

Last edited:
Sorry, was just curious, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Yellowstone was on my bucket list but didn't follow up soon enough; the bucket has sprung a leak.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Sorry, was just curious, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Yellowstone was on my bucket list but didn't follow up soon enough; the bucket has sprung a leak.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

No sweat hm. There is always time to go!

We went to Yellowstone last year. It was spectacular. I didn't get to fish but we saw a lot of wildlife.

I will go back next chance I get. Glacier National Park is one I would really like to see.

Thanks guys! It is definitely a bucket list. I've been twice, and I think I'll keep going back every few years.
Thanks for taking a look.

I've got the same sort of trip planned for Sept. The Savage Collectors fest and shoot in Salmon ID, on to Yellowstone, then Makosheda park in Glendive, and on to WI to visit my mom, she is moving out of her home to an assisted care facility. It's a big move for her, her mind wants her independence but the body is giving out. So a little hands on encouragement is in order I think, she is 90.

I need to see if they are taking reservations for the future.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWSI've got the same sort of trip planned for Sept. The Savage Collectors fest and shoot in Salmon ID, on to Yellowstone, then Makosheda park in Glendive, and on to WI to visit my mom, she is moving out of her home to an assisted care facility. It's a big move for her, her mind wants her independence but the body is giving out. So a little hands on encouragement is in order I think, she is 90.

Sounds good, I know what you mean about assisted living. I did the same with my dad last year. Now he loves having people feed him while he watches tv all day!

Last edited:
Great pics, and looks like a heck of a trip. I'm fortunate to live in this beautiful state but never take it for granted.

Originally Posted By: AWSI've got the same sort of trip planned for Sept. The Savage Collectors fest and shoot in Salmon ID, on to Yellowstone, then Makosheda park in Glendive, and on to WI to visit my mom, she is moving out of her home to an assisted care facility. It's a big move for her, her mind wants her independence but the body is giving out. So a little hands on encouragement is in order I think, she is 90.

I'm guessing you mean Makoshika? If so, that's a cool place. Full of history, fossils, sagebrush, and snakes. You're in for a great trip, sound like

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsGreat pics, and looks like a heck of a trip. I'm fortunate to live in this beautiful state but never take it for granted.

I'm guessing you mean Makoshika? If so, that's a cool place. Full of history, fossils, sagebrush, and snakes. You're in for a great trip, sound like

Wel big sky.... I would move to about anywhere in Montana if I could get my wife to do it! When my kids get out of high school im moving to Montana! Wife or not....!
smile.gif

Back