Check got cashed kinda fast...

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
The gov't moves in mysterious ways...

Ordered my first suppressor in mid Feb. and the check didn't cash for two full months.

Ordered another one on May 10th, just looked and the check got cashed after only two weeks.

All of which, likely means nothing. They'll get approved whenever they get approved and I'm not holding my breath. At least they are both safely in the hands of local dealers already, no worries about the July deadline for either one.

- DAA

Good for you, hopefully Someone in that office got a redbull spike in their coffee, and decided to power through their pile of requests.. but maybe they need the money for more illegal tax returns to people in all points south of the border.

Dave I hope you get them in time for coyote hunting this fall, they are a hoot to hunt with. Did you talk Tim into 1 or 2 as well?

When I talked to you last you had already just sent yours in. This was in February I sent mine in a couple days later and my cleared my bank 2/29

And mine didn't clear until mid April. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it.

- DAA

Good Deal
wink.gif
did they send the paper work in for you?

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrDave I hope you get them in time for coyote hunting this fall, they are a hoot to hunt with. Did you talk Tim into 1 or 2 as well?

That makes two of us! Pretty sure I'll have the first one in time, or at least before it's too late this year. Second one is a rimfire can, but still would like to have it for the kids to pop rabbits this winter.

Originally Posted By: reddog964Good Deal
wink.gif

Clay said he'd send it the same day I filled it out. He must have, for the check to go through that fast. Glad you gave me the heads up on him having that one in stock, too! I called that same day and said I'd take it. But I couldn't get in to do the paperwork for a few days. By the time I got there, he said he had guys lined up for all the ones he had backordered and more.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: reddog964Good Deal
wink.gif

Clay said he'd send it the same day I filled it out. He must have, for the check to go through that fast. Glad you gave me the heads up on him having that one in stock, too! I called that same day and said I'd take it. But I couldn't get in to do the paperwork for a few days. By the time I got there, he said he had guys lined up for all the ones he had backordered and more.

- DAA [/quote]

Glade i could help you out a little. Clay is a good guy to work with and i have always got mine back in a short time compared to some!

I got a scary story for you. The shop where I work one day a week to fund my gun habit, submitted a form 4 trust on March 29. The check was cashed the following week. We received yesterday (4 June) an "application cancelled" form with a letter dated 20 May saying that there will be a "tax refund". There was a MINOR error that was easily fixed and we would have normally received a call/letter asking to send in the correction....not this time!. The applicant will have to start all over again with his form 4.

No call, no letter asking for a correction....simply a cancellation or as we used to say in the Marine Corps "Get back. Not fast enough".

Last edited:
That is kinda scary.

Reflects my concerns with 41P. People I trust that are well versed tell me the language has a lot of room for interpretation. With bureaucrats doing the interpreting. Always subject to new interpretation, of course.

Hopefully it works about like advertised. The area of cleo notification and how that " could " be interpreted, seems potentially concerning.

- DAA

It is called 41F now.

Upon quizzing our local ATF agent who stop by to shoot (we have a range), the answers was that the new directive is to CANCEL any application that has an error and send it back as they are already hammered with applications. While this may seem like a time saver, just think of the hoops they have to jump through to issue refunds for the checks/cards they have cashed and charged.

Nothing like the government to screw up a screwed up process even more.

Sent 4 checks off the Friday the 27th of May and the checks were received at the ATF on Tuesday the 31st of May and checks were cashed on the 2nd of June. So now that they have my money I get to sit and wait for the approval. Going to be a long wait.

Sounds like that one wasn't unusual. But the one I ordered in Feb., that didn't get cashed for two months, was the outlier.

- DAA

Back