Boyd's???

Bummer....

PS.. My McMillan showed Monday. Was told 3-4 months and I'll be..3 months it was !
thumbup.gif

Great news Tim. Glad you got your stock on time. I just hope mine gets here before hunting season. I had planned on using the Ruger American as a hunting rifle this year. I still need to do load work, open the barrel channel for the larger predator barrel and bed the action and recoil lugs.Most of that can be done in a few days.......if I had a stock!!! The main problem is Boyd's is about the only place you can get a stock for the RAP unless you want a chassis.

I have the stock ,but never got the barrel screwed on.. oops..lol Dang life always getting in the way.
You will prob have your's running before mine.
grin.gif

I don't mind the wait. Its the BS they try to make you believe. If they only remembered what they tell you when you finally get to talk to them, they would see how nothing adds up and they are just blowing smoke. Guess you can do that when you're the only game in town. They have a great product and they have good prices, but the customer service has went to he11 in a hand basket.

Hate to keep griping about Boyd's but here it is 8/2/2016 and still no stock. I tried to call today and got the usual recording, left a message with no return call and have sent an e-mail. I told them it may be time for me to cancel my order. I realize two months wait for some stocks is trivial but this isn't a Manners or a McMillian, its a laminate stock that usually takes two weeks to produce. I have always had good luck with Boyd's stocks in the past but they sure dropped the ball on this one. Enough to make me hesitate before ever ordering another. Sorry for the rant but for you that are considering ordering a Boyd's stock, it may be a worth while post.

man i must have hit the boyd's CS lottery when i ordered my A-17 stock.

i had it in my hands within about 10 days from order and the lady i spoke with on the phone was super helpful too.

sorry to hear about yall's continued delays
frown.gif

Did you use the email I sent you to contact them? I emailed them with it and got an email within an hour. I also sent one the week I posted it for you and got one back within a day from the same person.

Ya, I used the e-mail you sent. Two days later I got a reply. I did get a return call today and got the same run around. Boyd's says my stock is in production but don't know when it will ship. I have been told the same BS no less than 5 times now. It has been in production, according to Boyd's, since June 9th. Although it doesn't help much, the lady I spoke to was very nice and seemed to actually care, but not much she can do. She did say she would take $25 off the price and free shipping. A guy on the Ruger American site said they told him the same thing but still charged him anyway. Its not as though I NEED this stock, I just want to up grade to a solid stock and get rid of the cheap POS plastic stock it came with. I told her I would ride it out a while longer and see how it goes. Guess if I want to up grade, its the only choice I have.

One last update and maybe I can put this to rest. I got an e-mail yesterday with a tracking number from Boyd's. My stock is on its way. Two day air, so I should get it today but probably Sat or Monday. What's a few more days. The guy on the Ruger page said they did knock off $25 and shipped for free but didn't know that till the stock arrived, so it seems Boyd's is trying to make things right.

Well, got my stock. Typical Boyd's. Looks good as usual. I need to open the barrel channel a little and the mag is a little to tight in the stock so that will need to be opened up some. Other than the long wait and the BS they expect you to believe, I happy with the stock.The quality is as good as ever so no complaints there. Now for some final finishing!!

5 1/2 weeks from order to delivery.
Online order, never talked to them.
Had the usual filing of the mag catch and added a washer to fit the mag catch for proper mag spacing vs action.
No other fitting, and haven't bedded it yet.
Pleased with the quality, looks good under the RAP imo.
164075921.HdhxyEGk.jpg

Back