trap line dog

I'm not a highly experienced dogger, but I'd never go back. Dogs are great companions, find cripples, and things I might never if I didn't bring them.

Good looking dogs, good harvest. Every time I see dogs that big respecting a badger, I become more amazed that Jack Russell Terriers go down a hole to get them. Thanks for posting.

Al, that badger in the first 3 pics was huge. The one on bottom is different. Sometimes my dogs will kill them but I definitely understand their hesitancy to close with that one. Jack's are studly little dogs nonetheless. Here's a few more photos for you.

Last edited:
just bought a cur, he is 11 weeks old we go out in the woods for walks so he can get the smells taste and what nots, coming home he was just a ahead of me suddenly he stopped went back to a big ol turd pile,, already doing what I need him too do lol. always has a nose to the ground, we are working on fetching. took two days to get his name down, knows sit and pen up already I am rather impressed how smart these little dogs are. Now he has lots of puppy in him still but coming along faster then I figured he would. When I say he knows sit I mean he knows I wont pet him until he calms down and sit or lays next to my feet its not a every time thing but he is getting there.

So I was doing more reading about trap line dogs and I had a idea that one tracking a animal to a den could be like how a cop uses a dog to find drugs what would you all say could the way cop's do it with drug dogs work for a den dog also have any of you guys ever had a problem with your dog fighting with animals in the trap

Back