Thanks to APF Armory..DPMS shoots now

Roscoehd

I stopped @ Alex Pro Firearms today to look @ their selection of ARs, (very nice selection by the way) after looking around and visiting with the sales manager, I started asking questions about my DPMS Prairie Panther. I told Garrett (sales mgr) that my DPMS never has never grouped well, hardly ever shoots MOA (I have tried many different types of ammo, and shooters). Then I asked if he had a barrel for it, of course he did, he took the gun apart on the counter, took it in the back and put the new barrel on it. Then for the fun part, we went out back to their range to sight in and see what it could do. After about 10 rounds it was shooting good, Garrett stopped to clean the barrel, then shot a 3 shot group and made a nice little clover leaf, about 3/8", he made a slight adjustment to the scope and then a 5 shot group, about 5/8". To say I was satisfied, would be an understatement!! I knew APF guns were capable of sub MOA, a friend has one of their 3-gun models with a 1-4 power scope on it that I have shot sub MOA several times.
Not only was I satisfied with the gun, I can not say enough about the service!! Customer WOW!! I can not remember the last time I went to buy something and the result was beyond my expectation. The gun now does what it should have when it was new. I am not trying to knock DPMS, it is a nice gun, but now it shoots like it should (not saying I do, but the gun does).
By the way the barrel is now an 18" Shaw, 1:8 twist, the ammo used was Headwaters, 55 gr Sierra Gameking. Now saving money to buy an APF 6.5 Grendel!!

Back