Massachussetts to BAN the sale of the AR 15.

All h*ll's broken loose, it's looking like it may be ALL SEMI-AUTOMATIC firearms by the AG's interpretation. LGS's are empty and are unsure of what they can even sell. No one knows what's still legal, whats not, or when the cut off times were. All sh*t has hit the fan. The "Republican" govener came out and stated he thought the AG was within her rights to make the ruling, and has since lost EVERY vote that got him into his position.

Take notice on what can happen overnight without any new laws being passed, this came completely out of left field. Buy now why you can because if Hillary wins it's all over with.

This seems like a clear cut abuse of power to me! A thing called the legislative branch creates laws. How can a state attorney general take it upon herself to expand an existing law without due process????There is also something called checks and balances in this country and it needs to be done in this case....

We have to get out and vote this year and keep this crap from happening more and more. I know I am speaking to the choir on here. Just how do we make others listen and understand. Ohio is a State we must get to understand importance of the election of Trump and other republicans to stop this!

Just read Mass. Firearms Record Bureau said 51 rifles were sold on Monday, 132 on Tuesday, and 2549 on Wednesday. Looks like Obama my have some competition for gun salesman of the year.

Originally Posted By: jimmy917Just read Mass. Firearms Record Bureau said 51 rifles were sold on Monday, 132 on Tuesday, and 2549 on Wednesday. Looks like Obama my have some competition for gun salesman of the year.

What's crazy about that data is that it was released to a news outlet, an excel spreadsheet listing the date, manufacturer and model of each gun sold all 3,000 of them.

Some have questioned if you mine'd that data, is their any personal information within it? Could be another lawsuit against the state.

Also, where is the NRA? They should have their lawyer's all over this. They made one news statement that was circulated on facebook and that was it, people i've talked to aren't too happy about that. I know it's a [beeep] state, but people have donated to you for years upon years at least get some representative's in state, hold a press conference or something.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminati
Also, where is the NRA? They should have their lawyer's all over this. They made one news statement that was circulated on facebook and that was it, people i've talked to aren't too happy about that. I know it's a [beeep] state, but people have donated to you for years upon years at least get some representative's in state, hold a press conference or something.

i've been asking myself the same question all week....

why in the [beeep] haent i been seeing all kinds of spam from the NRA and NAGR in my inbox non stop since this happened?

we should be getting "write your representatives" letters at the very least, and i'm shocked there isnt request for donations twice as much as the 'write someone' requests...

its... baffling to say the least!

Here's a notice sent to NRA members:

NRA-ILA: Institute for Legislative Action
Massachusetts: Attend State House Lobby Day This Saturday!

This weekend, the Massachusetts Legislature will adjourn from its 2016 Legislative Session. With only a few days left, the legislature has a final opportunity to enact emergency legislation to curb the Attorney General’s outrageous gun control attempt. On July 19, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey issued an “enforcement notice” that greatly expands the Commonwealth’s definition of “assault weapon.” AG Healey alleges that the ban’s definition of “copy” or “duplicate” “assault weapons” has been misinterpreted for the last 18 years and she is simply the first law enforcement official to discover this incorrect interpretation. Beyond AG Healey’s obviously incorrect interpretation of the law, her enforcement notice fails to provide an intelligible definition of what will be considered an “assault weapon” by her office. No explanation is given for how the definition of an “assault weapon” can change as it applies to individual possession, ownership, and transfer versus sales of new firearms by licensed dealers.

NRA members and Second Amendment supporters are strongly encouraged to attend the State House Lobby Day. Use this opportunity to stand up for your Second Amendment rights at the Massachusetts State House on Saturday, July 30, at noon. Make sure that your lawmakers are aware of your opposition to the AG’s “enforcement notice.”

For more information, please visit the Gun Owners’ Action League’s website.

We're in for the long haul now, looks like it's going to have to be a lawsuit that overturns this. Going to have to start looking at bolt guns...

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiWe're in for the long haul now, looks like it's going to have to be a lawsuit that overturns this. Going to have to start looking at bolt guns...

What happens when they ban bolt guns? The leaders of your state have gone so far out of control I could see it happening. Sad thing is a lot of them are coming here.

Originally Posted By: gradysjeepOriginally Posted By: LARUEminatiWe're in for the long haul now, looks like it's going to have to be a lawsuit that overturns this. Going to have to start looking at bolt guns...

What happens when they ban bolt guns? The leaders of your state have gone so far out of control I could see it happening. Sad thing is a lot of them are coming here.

Well the answer regardless is I need to move out of state, preferably New Hampshire. I need a few suppressors anyway. But yes, the possibilities are endless at this point based on what she did and what people including the Governor said is within her authority. It's scary stuff.

Like you said, southern maine is basically northern Massachusetts. Once lepage is gone you guys might be screwed, look at the bangor daily news I think that gives a good indication of which way Maine is/may be heading.

Originally Posted By: rpc55This seems like a clear cut abuse of power to me! A thing called the legislative branch creates laws. How can a state attorney general take it upon herself to expand an existing law without due process????There is also something called checks and balances in this country and it needs to be done in this case....

communists do what they want and they play for keeps.

Back