Benchmade mini grip

getfoxy

This mini grip just had too much going for it for me not to pick it up. Have been carrying it a few weeks now and it's really growing on me. Longtime spyderco fan so the hole was a good selling point. I like it much better than thumb studs. I much prefer the open back as well. The blue liners against the gray g10 are pretty darn sexy IMO.

I like it - a bunch. I very much prefer the hole vs. a thumb stud. I hope Benchmade expands the colors of those G10 Griptililian knives.

Thanks.......Ill be interested to see what they do in the future..

My understanding this knife is carrying a new steel for them as well. It's cpm 20cv......an upgrade from 154cm. Similar to m390. So far edge retention is great...haven't used it a bunch though. So we will see how it fairs

That is a good looking knife. Mine has the thumb stud, though I never use it. I just slide the retention back and flick it open. I love these little knives.

Originally Posted By: SledgeThat is a good looking knife. Mine has the thumb stud, though I never use it. I just slide the retention back and flick it open. I love these little knives.

The Axis lock is great when adjusted correctly...the thumb stud/hole are not needed with the Axis system.

I carry a green mini-grip with thumb hole everyday for years, I couldn't be happier with it. I'm about to send it in to get cleaned up, sharpened, and clip fixed as it takes a beating on a regular basis. I have a VIP card burning a hole in my pocket (50% off any knife including custom shop).........thinking maybe a barrage or mini-barrage.

They are so fine, and that axis lock is so smooth and strong. When autos became legal I wanted a mini grip, but this small auto was as close as I could get. Regards
1649.jpg

Last edited:
I like mine I've had it for a few years. It's week link is the spring on the lock. I've sent mine back for replacement. Quick turnaround and came back with a new clip and very sharp!

I was at a small gunshop yesterday and was surprised to find a nice little display of Benchmade knives. Looking in the case I realized they had some discontinued knives and some knives with old pricing on them. My guess is they don't get a lot of knife buyers in there? I really wasn't planning on buying a knife but noticed a Benchmade Mini Grip 555HG priced at $64.95. The old guy behind the counter said, "I'll make ya a deal on that..." And he did, I brought it home.

Originally Posted By: GCI was at a small gunshop yesterday and was surprised to find a nice little display of Benchmade knives. Looking in the case I realized they had some discontinued knives and some knives with old pricing on them. My guess is they don't get a lot of knife buyers in there? I really wasn't planning on buying a knife but noticed a Benchmade Mini Grip 555HG priced at $64.95. The old guy behind the counter said, "I'll make ya a deal on that..." And he did, I brought it home.

Dang, I will take one.. Nice Snag GC

I went out the door with it for just under $60. Guy was a motivated seller, guess he wanted to move some of that in stock stuff that had been sitting around for a good long while. I got it cheap enough I started goofing around on the 'Net today looking at custom handle scales. There are some dang good looking custom scale kits out there, not inexpensive, but really sharp looking.

Originally Posted By: Brad PhillipsGood knives, I carry a Barrage as a companion to my Glock.

I'm sure Benchmade's are good knives but I just can't warm up to that style...they hold about the same interest for me as a Glock does...

Give me a good old Schrade stockman and a M29....
smile.gif

I have knives and guns that fit the occasion and/or my mood. You had more than one tool in your tool box on the job journeyman carpenter. Embrace the versatility ya danged ol curmudgeon.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GCI have knives and guns that fit the occasion and/or my mood. You had more than one tool in your tool box on the job journeyman carpenter. Embrace the versatility ya danged ol curmudgeon.
smile.gif

I've tried but I fear the slippery slope it may lead to....like plastic stocks and (god forbid) automatic transmissions....just the thought gives me the willies....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: GCI have knives and guns that fit the occasion and/or my mood. You had more than one tool in your tool box on the job journeyman carpenter. Embrace the versatility ya danged ol curmudgeon.
smile.gif

I've tried but I fear the slippery slope it may lead to....like plastic stocks and (god forbid) automatic transmissions....just the thought gives me the willies....
smile.gif

I have a mini-grip, 2 rifles with plastic stocks, AND my Yukon is an automatic!!!!!!

Thanks for the intervention Charlie, I need to be alone and re-assess my life choices
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsOriginally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: GCI have knives and guns that fit the occasion and/or my mood. You had more than one tool in your tool box on the job journeyman carpenter. Embrace the versatility ya danged ol curmudgeon.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I have a mini-grip, 2 rifles with plastic stocks, AND my Yukon is an automatic!!!!!!

Thanks for the intervention Charlie, I need to be alone and re-assess my life choices
grin.gif

No problem buddy....that's what I'm here for....
smile.gif

Back