brass catchers!!

Originally Posted By: wolverinesI have the cheap velcro caldwell one. Great for the range. On the fence for hunting. I try to keep all of my.204 brass, but I had a jam last year that I believe was caused by the case getting caught up in the bag.

i have a velcro one too. i started with that model.

the problem i found is as the bag fills up with brass, it pinches the mouth shut, and you get those stovepipes from the brass not clearing.

thats why i changed to the pic rail model - it has a small wire frame to hold the bag from binding up against the ejection port.

i've run several 30 round mags full of 223 without incident while on the bench.

The only problem with the Caldwell brass catcher. The brass will hit in the same spot that will melt and the brass comes out of the hole in that same spot every time. I am going to have to cover the hole with a patch or line the side with something that won't melt.

Originally Posted By: jh45gunI use the Caldwell the Velcro attach one. Great at the range. I doubt I would use it hunting.

when i'm hunting i'm willing to sacrifice a couple peices of brass to the hunting gods.
thumbup1.gif

i use the catcher for when i'm at the bench
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: roundcallI use a rail mounted type.
20160807_221912_zpsqkd2sfln.jpg

The Brass Wrangler??

I bought a bunch of them and keep one on each of my rifles.

Last edited:
I use a brass catcher at the range. It makes clean up time a lot faster. When I go hunting, I'd rather not have anything in the way, so it stays home. I'm ok with losing a few pieces while hunting.

We got on a large group of hogs one night and i went thru 58 rounds before it was over. I hate loosing brass, even if its 5.56 once fired stuff i got for 4 cents.
Ill stop and back up to use my thermal to find 6.8 brass if i drop any of that stuff.

Yes. It works great.
Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanOriginally Posted By: roundcallI use a rail mounted type.
20160807_221912_zpsqkd2sfln.jpg

The Brass Wrangler??

I bought a bunch of them and keep one on each of my rifles.

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: bambambamI use the Caldwell brass catcher,worth every penny

i've got the pic rail caldwell brass catcher as well. definatly $$ well spent. way easier than being a brass chicken, and the rail mount model has a wire frame supporting the mesch bag, so it doesnt pinch against the upper as it fills up.

530143-large.jpg

530143-Caldwell-AR-15-Pic-Rail-Brass-Catcher-Full.jpg

and you can get extra rail adapters, i have them on almost all of my uppers. not only do i no longer have to chase after stray brass, but it also helps keep your brass clean.

i was at the range today, and the RSO was admiring my 300 blk and asked about it and seemed very very interested in getting one for himself. He was on the bench next to me at the end of the day playing with his ar and having to scavenge his brass off the ground, and here i am dumping it out of the bag just as nice as can be.

I like the looks of that. I have several of Reb's brass catchers & like them. I really like them for hunting as they're small, low profile & silent. even if it misses an empty it will send it straight down so I don't have to look far to find it.

But I'm thinking for working off a bench one of these would be really nice.

Back