having trouble with johnny stewarts 612 long range caller

getfoxy

alright ijust picked it up this morning and i brought it home read everything and plugged it in 2 charge/// grren light on the wall speaker came on so i figured it was charging well 2 1/2 hours later i come home thinkin it was done charging popped in atape and the red led light started blinkin////// book said it was low and 2 pop outt the tape and reinsert so i did let it charge longer and nothin ahppned so i have the tape out but the greeb light is still on on the wall speaker

WAT DO I DO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif i really dont kno and i need it by tomoirw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I haven't used mine much this year since I got my FOXPRO, but If I remember right it has three light on the charger, green, amber and red. When the unit is charging the green light will be on. When it is in trickle charge the green and amber light will be on. But if the unit has a problem or it is not charging the red light will be on.

I didn't have time to look at mine yesterday. But I will try and look at it this afernoon when I get home.

Get Foxy -

Got your PM..... And I've got my 612 right here..... There are three lights on top; red, green and amber.

When the battery is low/completely discharged and charging, I get a RED & GREEN.
This means that it is charging at a high rate.

When the battery is full and charging, I get GREEN & AMBER.
This menas that it is trickle charging.

If I were to get a new caller, I would plug it in overnight just to be sure that the battery was absolutely full before expecting it to operate properly. Be sure that the call is off and that there is no tape in the slot while doing so.

Once it is fully charged, I cna be out all day long and still have lots of power left in my battery.

If you continue to have problems.... Call Shawn Davis at 319-395-0321 or e-mail him at sdavis@hunterspec.com

Shawn is one of the best Customer Service Reps I have ever delt with and he'll take good care of you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

me!

P.S.

I'm not associated with Hunters Specialties or sponsored by them - I'm just another owner like you..... So DON'T take my word as gospel! LOL!! Ask the expert: Shawn!!

see on my 612 i only have one red light ans and all it does is blink

then on my walla charger all i ahve is one green light then it came with a charger or sumpthon that u plug into the car place and it only has one light on it

but me and my dad jus took the call apart and there was a lil red wire was loose from everything but there was a lil white tube that we think the lil red wire goes into it

anyone kno where this thing goes?

Here's a picture of the inside of my 612..... I had a fuse blow on me when I first attached my remote control. I went to Radio Shack and bought a "slow blow" fuse to replace it. I haven't had a problem since.

Note that I taped a spare "slow blow" fuse inside the case.

me!

inside%20612.jpg

the lil red wire goin into the lil white tube on the right picture

if the fuse isnt in there my caller wont blink but what do i do 2 get it 2 stay in there

all my caller will do is blink but we kno its charged

If the red light on the caller just above the on/off button is blinking, you're caller is not charged.

It won't charge if the fuse isn't in place.

That "little white tube" is a standard twist-to-lock fuse holder. You put the fuse in, push the two ends together, give them a slight twist and they lock in place.

Getfoxy..... I hope you don't take any offense with what I am about to say..... But..... You don't sound like you have the familiarity with electronics to be opening up your caller and working on it yourself. CALL THE SHAWN DAVIS AND GET HIS HELP. IF HE ASKS YOU TO, RETURN THE CALLER TO THEM FOR WORK. You may damage your caller beyond repair if you continue to try to work on it yourself.

You've purchased an exceptionally good piece of equipment. If taken care of properly, it will serve you well for many, many years to come!

me!

P.S.
Over the weekend, I dropped Shawn an e-mail with a link to this thread. He e-mailed me back jst as I was finishing this response. Give him a call! He's ready and waiting to help you out!

sounds like the wire came out of the fuse holder, a little soldering will fix it, but have it fixed. I can easily fix something like that but I would send it back to prevent voiding the warranty. I never change or repair things until after the warranty period is up.

t/c223encore.

Back