Batteries for foxpro

Tom 59

Have been reading some posts about this. Wondering why rechargable batteries seem to be reccomended over alkaline? What about lithium? Manual does not reccomend one or the other? Been using lithium in my inferno and so far no problems. Still fairly new to this. Thanks in advance.

Alkaline batteries don't serve you well in ecallers, especially if you call a lot and use a good deal of volume. The black rechargeables that FoxPro sells work well and last much better. Lithium batteries are much better than alkaline, but if they are not the rechargeable type, they will run out of energy all of a sudden with no warning.

I have the foxpro black batteries I bought the kit so I would have there cable to charge my fusion and imo it's the way to go. Possumal do you run yours down or just charge before every night you hunt?

Last edited:
I don't hunt at night, but I do charge the batteries when I come back from hunting. The newer batteries don't have memory like the batteries used to have, so it doesn't hurt to top them off. I have had excellent service out of the black rechargeables, and so have many of my hunting friends.

Thanks for the info. I always plug mine in and my light batteries early in the day when I know im going hunting that night. wanted to make sure I was taking good care of them. I was brought up run batteries down then charge but seems now days i read its better to keep them topped off. I guess what kind of battery it is would also come into play. Im no battery guru.

It is a good idea to run your batteries down and recharge them in periods of non hunting. You don't have to run them all the way down but it doesn't hurt to run them down a long way. People who do it the old way aren't hurting anything. Conditioning the batteries does not hurt.

The Sayno Enloop Pro works best for me in all weather. The Feb nights can get cold here but no problems with the caller and lights using them.

I bought a new set of 8 Maha Powerex Precharged Low Discharge 2600mAh AA Batteries. First day of calling we made only 5 stands 30 minutes each. The next morning on the first stand I seen that I had not turn the caller off the night before but the caller still worked just fine and we made 3 more stands before I changed the battery's. I have made over 17 stand for 15 mintues to over 30 minutes long with these battery's on one charge and they where still going strong. Best battery.s I have ever had.

Chet

Originally Posted By: reb8600I run Eneloops in mine. They last a long time.

me too. and carry an extra set in the cradle ready to swap out..

Originally Posted By: rpc55Originally Posted By: reb8600I run Eneloops in mine. They last a long time.

me too. and carry an extra set in the cradle ready to swap out..

Any difference between those and the FoxPro packs? Need to pick up a set myself, and since they all run about the since price, might as well go for whatever works best.

I've ran the black foxpro batteries for 2 years. On a contest day, wind was 20+, used an sp55, 15-18 stands, volume turned way up most of the day and they never faltered. I was using a Hellfire that day. I've since upgraded to a CS24C and they are still going strong.

Just an FYI. Costco has the Eneloop kit on sale for $23.99 Eight AA Four AAA and a wall charger. Valid from 9/29 till 10/23

I am changing over to all Panasonic Pro LSD batteries now, I have been using them for the last 4 yrs and they are holding up very well.

Some of them are down to 2200mAh now, but no failures as of yet.

This is the place that I have purchase all my batteries from for the last 4 yrs now - Battery Junction

I will suggest that you subscribe to their newsletter, this way you will get some really good deals. They will be having some really good discounts coming up for Black Friday on L.E.D. flashlights and etc.

I have bought around $900 worth of flashlights from them over the last few years. The company is owned by women and they have excellent service.

One more thing - in the link above, it shows a 4 pack, but they do sell them in the 8 pack also.

Last edited:
Back