brass catchers!!

I use my home made ones, no problems ever. Small & very light, causes no weight issues, holds 10 rounds at least, all I need for coyote.
Nice to have at the range as my brass ain't spit all over the place or on others.

I have 2 different styles. One mounts on the top rail, the other velcro's around the handgaurd. They might be a little inconvenient, but well worth it for saving precious brass. You'll definitely want one for a 6.8.

reb8600 here on PM makes a dandy brass catcher that fits flat on side of the AR and well worth the money, especially on "exotic", high $$ brass.

Caught probably 95% or more of my 243 WSSM brass as designed (heavy brass and is ejected w/a bit more force than the 223's). Since the WSSM's don't have an ejection port cover to hold catcher in place, I added a piece of elastic that made it 99% +.
The catcher w/strap also serves to keep dust out of the rifle w/o cover.

Assume reb8600 still making them, if interested you could drop him a PM.

Regards,
hm

I have one that velcro's on the handguard. Totally worth the trouble. Actually its no trouble compared to picking brass up off the ground. Sold the AR but kept the catcher for future use if needed.

Originally Posted By: bambambamI use the Caldwell brass catcher,worth every penny

i've got the pic rail caldwell brass catcher as well. definatly $$ well spent. way easier than being a brass chicken, and the rail mount model has a wire frame supporting the mesch bag, so it doesnt pinch against the upper as it fills up.

530143-large.jpg

530143-Caldwell-AR-15-Pic-Rail-Brass-Catcher-Full.jpg

and you can get extra rail adapters, i have them on almost all of my uppers. not only do i no longer have to chase after stray brass, but it also helps keep your brass clean.

i was at the range today, and the RSO was admiring my 300 blk and asked about it and seemed very very interested in getting one for himself. He was on the bench next to me at the end of the day playing with his ar and having to scavenge his brass off the ground, and here i am dumping it out of the bag just as nice as can be.

I bought 2 from reb8600 and they are working fine, I use them when hunting. Easy to take off and install. They only hold a few rounds but the rest will fall at your feet.

The one i have has a habit of bouncing brass back into the action. But no lost brass! Because it's stovepiped right there
laugh.gif

I have the cheap velcro caldwell one. Great for the range. On the fence for hunting. I try to keep all of my.204 brass, but I had a jam last year that I believe was caused by the case getting caught up in the bag.

Back