TXCOONDOG

RIA, M1911 A2, Pro Match Tac Ultra, 10MM
Model: 52,000
HC Mag: 16 + 1 Round- Disappointed that it only came with one mag
Fit and Finish is excellent
Average Trigger pull: 4.5lbs
6" stainless bull barrel and guide rod
AMBI SAFETY

Just finished cleaning it. Ran 16 rounds of Hornady, 180 gr XTP (shooting at a burm) through her and she functioned flawlessly. Time to start reloading and hit the range with the chrony!

Originally Posted By: GCI had a Colt Delta, it was a good gun. My 10mm now is a Glock Gen3 SF.

That's the one I like. If I ever buy a Glock it would have to be a 10 mm. Just a good combo.

Shot a friends Delta and it was just fine with the lower powered stuff. Felt just like my .45 ACP but if I have a 10 I am going to load it like a 10.

I just ordered another mag with pad for 41.90 TMD.

The Hornady 180 gr XTP was loaded with AA# 9 that I developed for a G20, G4 with a KKM 4.6" barrel that I had. The velocity out of the 4.6" barrel was 1295 fps so I'm estimating 60fps faster out of the 6".

I'll know more when I get out on the range with the chrony!

I can tell you this! The felt recoil on this 2.9 lbs beast felt milder then my Sig P938 using 124gr +P and definately milder than the Glock 20 which I sold because of issues it started having after 800 rounds of full power loads.

Thanks for the kind words all.

From Armscor's site:

The PRO Match Ultra HC 6" is a target grade pistol ready for competition right out of the box. Built by the master gunsmiths in the Rock Island Armory Medallion, it's chambered in 10mm with a 16-round capacity and adjustable LPA rear sight and high visibility fiber optic front sight. It also includes a skeletonized hammer and factory 4- to 6-pound trigger with adjustable over travel stop. Comes in a fully parkerized finish with G10 grips. Add a full length picatinny tactical rail and the Pro Match Ultra HC is ready for any anything.

I picked up a RIA Tac II, 5" 10MM Tuesday. Fit and finish is excellent but I did have some trouble with extracting Hornady rounds. Accuracy is good and maybe a bit better than my Glock 20. Recoil is less than the Glock due to the weight difference. Hope I can get the extraction issue figured out as I would like to keep it. I'll for sure keep the Glock as it has ran flawlessly and will eat and spit out everything I've ran thru it.

Absolutely love the 6", I wish Rowland had a conversion for it, the 460 Rowland through a 6" tube would suit me.

I'd love to hear more about how this performs and the accuracy experienced as you get some more time behind it.

Big target 1911 style fun, gorgeous

That looks pretty sweet. I remember when i purchased my G20 that the only other option was the EAA. There are a bunch of 10mm guns now, which has got to be good for ammo availability.

Very Nice Handgun....Congratulations!

With 16 + 1 rounds do You really need another clip? LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: GTOHunterVery Nice Handgun....Congratulations!

With 16 + 1 rounds do You really need another clip? LOL
wink.gif

LOL.....more for if one malfunctions (bad springs, etc)because I've never misplaced one
rolleyes.gif

Took her to the range this morning (81 degrees at 7:02 am) and she can definitely out shoot me.

But I'm happy considering the following:

1. Hornady 180grain XTP bullets average velocity 1360FPS
2. Focused on not shooting my chrony
3. Not use to a brass catcher mounted on a picatinny rail, but it caught all but one piece of brass.
4. I. kept engaging the enlarged safety with my thumb, I started resting my thumb on top of the safety while trying to avoid the slide.

Next week I'm going to take some sand bags and bench rest her to see what my (and the pistol) limitations are from 25 yards and beyond for hunting. I'm taking my Primos shooting sticks too.

All excuses aside, here are the first ten shots:

As time went on she got a little heavy (3.6lbs loaded, not counting brass catcher) and I got sloppy with trying double taps:

Picked up some 200 grain TC cast with a BHN of 16 sized at .401 from ACME and seeing some potential.

Pistol: RIA Pro Match, Model 52,000
Benchrest: 25 yds

Bullet: 200 grain TC PB cast, .401"
Lube: 45-45-10
Case: Starline .985"
Primer: WLP
Powder: 8gr of Longshot
COL: 1.250"
Velocity: 1227 fps ES: 10 SD: 3

30 shots at 25yds off the bench:

Back