41F update for NFA Lawyers clients.

Rangerwalker71

This is not form me, I am passing on the info for those of you who have Trusts from NFA Lawyers.
I hope this helps.

New 41F Update for all NFA Lawyers Clients:
The ATF will require fingerprints, pictures, and a law enforcement notification for all NFA applications postage marked on or after July 13, 2016. Only you, the creator (settlor) of the trust, must comply with these requirements if you follow the instructions below. The amendment and instructions below apply only to trusts drafted by NFA Lawyers, LLC.

- Download and complete this Amendment
- Get fingerprinted at your local gun shop or
detention center
- Obtain passport pictures from your local gun shop
or drug store
- Take the following to your dealer when you
purchase an NFA weapon

1) A copy of your entire Gun Trust and a blank
Assignment of Property
2) A copy of the Amendment you downloaded and
completed
3) Fingerprints
4) Passport pictures

- Your dealer will help you fill out any forms. Most dealers also mail any forms for you.

You may shred this amendment upon approval of the NFA application. At this moment, all co-trustees are back on your trust and may possess all NFA weapons in the trust.

If submitting a Form 1 or Form 4 without a dealer, you must mail all of the above requirements to the ATF. A Form 5320.23 and a copy of the Form 1 or Form 4 must also be mailed to your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO). This person is your local sheriff or constable. Regular mail is perfectly acceptable.

https://nfalawyers.com/new-41f-update-nfa-lawyers-clients/

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71

You may shred this amendment upon approval of the NFA application. At this moment, all co-trustees are back on your trust and may possess all NFA weapons in the trust.

So what this basically does is makes everyone on your trust whether its other trustee's or beneficiaries exempt from doing the photo's and the fingerprints, except for the initial settlor, by using this amendment, THEN once you shred it, your trust is back to how you originally had it configured...

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71
If submitting a Form 1 or Form 4 without a dealer, you must mail all of the above requirements to the ATF. A Form 5320.23 and a copy of the Form 1 or Form 4 must also be mailed to your local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO). This person is your local sheriff or constable. Regular mail is perfectly acceptable.

Ok so this last part says you much also mail a copy of the form 1 / form 4 to your local CLEO... Who checks on this? ATF call them and see if they got it?
I dont understand how it is suppose to work.

They (CLEO) have to be notified. I'm sure that the ATF will Call on ever form sent in. I also have beach front property in Kansas for sale, and bridges for sell.
HOW-EVER i want to say this. Please send in the notification as required as of 14 JULY. I don't know the form it has to take, but i would think a simple FYI Per atf regulations. I would not give any more info then needed.

Originally Posted By: crapshootAnd why ONLY trusts generated by NFA lawyers? Why not trustsgenersted with say quicken will maker?

He is the person generating this amendment.
It is specific to the trust that he does.
However you can amend any trust to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crapshootAnd why ONLY trusts generated by NFA lawyers? Why not trustsgenersted with say quicken will maker?

Quote:The amendment and instructions below apply only to trusts drafted by NFA Lawyers, LLC.

i beleive they mean it as "drafted by the business entity called NFA Lawyers, LLC" not NFA lawyers in general.

not all trusts, nor all states trust laws the same, and the specific language may or may not allow you to use the method they describe.

for example, in my trust... i'm required to have the Grantor Trustee (the settler), a successor trustee, and an alternate successor trustee. These folks are considered trustee's AND beneficiary's in the trust language as drafted by my lawyer.

additionally here in michigan - beneficiary's are considered "responsible persons" and are able to possess trust items, not just trustee's. this may or may not apply in your state.

thats probably why their amendment may only work with the trusts they draft.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71They (CLEO) have to be notified. I'm sure that the ATF will Call on ever form sent in. I also have beach front property in Kansas for sale, and bridges for sell.
HOW-EVER i want to say this. Please send in the notification as required as of 14 JULY. I don't know the form it has to take, but i would think a simple FYI Per atf regulations. I would not give any more info then needed.

Sold! Which way to the beach?

Thanks for posting this, I've been meaning to get in touch with them for clarification on the responsible person part of the ruling.

Back