Ranier Arms barrels

Im pretty sure the ultramatch series is. Some of them say they are Shilen blanks in the description

I recently picked up a "select" .308 barrel for a build, made by black hole weaponry supposedly. Their site usually lists what blank they use, or if you search around you'll find out what manufactures/machine shops are doing the work for them. All of the reviews i've read where match ammo was used have been positive.

The select polygonal looks great, should be seeing how it shoots this weekend. Was looking for lightweight and it's got a nice profile.

I know the Ultramatch starts out as a Shilen Select match grade blank. It is their best barrel and are excellent shooters. They get the Rainier 1 MOA guarantee that comes easy with handloads or match ammunition.

Brad

I tried a Select 308 barrel once, it was pretty bad. Only got a few good groups out of it, and different bullets shot to drastically different poi. They replaced it with another which was better, then replaced that one with a match. Definitely a good company that will stand behind it.

Here's what my 16" 308 RA select barrel did this weekend, no complaints. I believe it's made by BHW but i'm not positive on that.

3 shots @ 100

Back