benchmark-h335 and why?

And once again I stress one group does nothing. Give me two as a MINIMUM and preferably five groups that show me the same distribution then I will work on it. I've sat there and shot them horizontal then vertical and then all in one hole. The reasons? Breathing, cheeking, mirage and a combination of all three at play.

For me horizontal is seating depth, vertical is speed and round is round. I like round. I work hard at a bench when I'm doing development. It takes a long time to get "perfect" going down range in some cases. I can shoot a bolt gun for groups about twice as fast for groups as I can an AR just because of the physical characteristics. I can shoot multiple rounds on a target for effect and not for group faster with an AR but when I step up to shooting a tactical style target array I can hose and go with a bolt gun PDQ because of my secret technique. Left eye dominate and shooting left handed with the bolt on the right is fast as greased cat gut.

If I can't get a gun clicking in 100 rounds or less, 90% less than 50, I have not done my home work. As was mentioned above I am not a cartridge case filler aka. reloader. I am a handloader that looks at the total process. When I do my work at the house with my handloads then I have to lay it all out on the bench or on my belly. I keep records of everything pretty much that I can control and the results of the combination. You notice the spreadsheet I posted was from 2009. I keep it all in binders and on a computer. I'll never trust a bunch of electrons on a hard disk. It has to be palpable to me to be a true backup.

Pick one, go conquer and come back for the next battle. That's what I do.

Greg

Looks to me like you got that little rifle shooting pretty good considering the rifle. No harm intended. Its not a high priced custom rifle expected to shoot bugholes. Its an entry level rifle meant to kill stuff with. Pick a powder, load some ammo, go whack them ground hogs. Guarantee they won't know if that bullet was vertical or horizontal.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterAnd once again I stress one group does nothing. Give me two as a MINIMUM and preferably five groups that show me the same distribution then I will work on it. I've sat there and shot them horizontal then vertical and then all in one hole. The reasons? Breathing, cheeking, mirage and a combination of all three at play.

For me horizontal is seating depth, vertical is speed and round is round. I like round. I work hard at a bench when I'm doing development. It takes a long time to get "perfect" going down range in some cases. I can shoot a bolt gun for groups about twice as fast for groups as I can an AR just because of the physical characteristics. I can shoot multiple rounds on a target for effect and not for group faster with an AR but when I step up to shooting a tactical style target array I can hose and go with a bolt gun PDQ because of my secret technique. Left eye dominate and shooting left handed with the bolt on the right is fast as greased cat gut.

If I can't get a gun clicking in 100 rounds or less, 90% less than 50, I have not done my home work. As was mentioned above I am not a cartridge case filler aka. reloader. I am a handloader that looks at the total process. When I do my work at the house with my handloads then I have to lay it all out on the bench or on my belly. I keep records of everything pretty much that I can control and the results of the combination. You notice the spreadsheet I posted was from 2009. I keep it all in binders and on a computer. I'll never trust a bunch of electrons on a hard disk. It has to be palpable to met o be a true backup.

Pick one, go conquer and come back for the next battle. That's what I do.

Greg

Last edited:
I have no idea how that post turned out that way. spot on glshooter not because you said it, but because i learned these things for myself by trial & error. i am left eyed & shoot left handed, I own 1 left handed rifle(never could make that thing work always seemed awkward) right way more proficient. I would only add on horizontal strings I would first check for stock pressure. you are the man & worth listening to.

Last edited:
^^^ I have the same problem. Went single shot for about 20 years.
TCs and ruger no1s. Talk about some aggravating days.

Last edited:
Back