Browning X-Bolt, Browning BAR

LUCKYDOG

I just bought a Browning Bar 300 WSM from Buds Guns. I already have a Browning X-Bolt in 300 WSM. If I decide to get rid of the X-Bolt and keep the BAR, will the bases from the X-Bolt fit the BAR? Thanks!

Thank you! I should have been more clear. The BAR is still being shipped to my FFL. I can't wait for it to get here. I hope it shoots as good as my X-Bolt.

Last edited:
The trigger is the limiting factor on the BAR. Get accustomed to the trigger and the BAR is capable of very good accuracy.

Bars are nice. Heavy though. My 300win will put 3 on a skoal can lid at 300 yards when starting bone cold out of the safe. Not stellar performance but plenty good for deer hunting. Feels like less recoil then my blr in 308.

BAR's are fine rifles. They are accurate, reliable and soft shooting. They are also a bit bulky and heavy. The trigger is mushy but with practice it's manageable.

Got my first BAR used. It is a 7mm and in like new condition. It is very smooth and soft shooting. The person I bought it off of had a trigger job done to it that is as good as most of my hunting rifles. There is potential in the trigger and my gun shoots very accurately. I am more than pleased with it.

I've had several BAR's over the years in various calibers up to 338WM. While most shot considerably better than other brands of semi autos I've never had a BAR that shot as accurate as my bolt actions.

Of the half dozen I have experience with they can get right at or under 1" - 1.5" groups with ammo they like. An honest and consistent rifle in that accuracy range is good enough for most of my hunting chores. I have gravitated away from the BAR's because of weight and bulk but I still keep a couple around.

Back