Nosler Blems

Originally Posted By: pyscodogGood prices. I was told that once a year Sierra sells off their blems. Any truth to that??

Several years ago I stopped at their plant in Mo. and bought several pounds of .22 blems. At that time they sold them in brown paper bags by the # on site. I don't think they sell them on line, but not sure.

Edit to add: They still sell only on site. http://www.sierrabullets.com/about-us/factory-outlet/ The tour of the plant is worth the time spent, by the way.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: pyscodogGood prices. I was told that once a year Sierra sells off their blems. Any truth to that??

Several years ago I stopped at their plant in Mo. and bought several pounds of .22 blems. At that time they sold them in brown paper bags by the # on site. I don't think they sell them on line, but not sure.

Edit to add: They still sell only on site. http://www.sierrabullets.com/about-us/factory-outlet/ The tour of the plant is worth the time spent, by the way.
Regards,
hm

Last edited:
1 on that. I took the tour and was very impressed by both the tour and employees . I'm pretty sure they only sell seconds only at the plant. People look a thing me like I am crazy when I told them I bought bullets by the pound. My captain thought it was hilarious. Bullets shot as good as 1st.

I've bought a lot of Nosler blems and also have not found a single blemish other than one batch had wrong color tips. Many are overruns for someone. Lucked onto a batch of 6mm 100 gr. solid base bullets (had been discontinued by Nosler but apparently someone else ordered a special run). Great bullet!

As for the Sierra tour, it was great. The 55 gr. 224 bullets I bought had a tiny "sprue" at point, like the cores had been cut a tiny bit too big. It was simple matter to hold bullet @ 45* to bench surface and roll sprue against surface. Sprue broke off easily and bullets accounted for a lot of coyotes.
smile.gif
Wish I'd bought more.

Regards,
hm

Nosler Ballistic Tip blems are excellent. Never a problem. Their Custom Competition line aren't worth the time to load them. I've never gotten them to shoot as well as Hornady or Sierra. YMMV

I've bought blemished and over-run bullets, and a little of their rifle brass too, from Shooters Pro Shop for around five years now. Matter of fact, been a couple of times, I've found some over-runs to cost less than the same blemished bullet ones. Anyway, I don't hesitate to buy them. About every week, I check Shooters for bargain bullets.

You can sign up for email sale notifications and they also offer military discounts as well.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: TnslimI've bought several hundred of the Nosler blems and have yet to find the first imperfection. It's a great deal.

See that dead prairie dog in my Avatar? Taken with a 50 grain Ballistic Tip blem. You bet I like them. You betcha. I got lots of them.

I'm a retired gun writer and I've shot tens of thousands of Nosler blems.

Nosler is so convinced of the quality of their blems that they supply them to gun writers for cartridge load development whenever they are out of "firsts" in a requested bullet. I have yet to see a problem with a single blem bullet.

You'd think that there would be finish problems, missing or bent plastic tips and/or weight discrepancies. Totally not so.

Trust me, if they Nosler is confident enough to furnish their blems to gun writers for article load development, they are first-class bullets.

Blessings,

Steve Timm

I have toured the Nosler plant last trip to Oregon and it was worth the time and I recommend it.
There were only three folks in the tour and one was there to pickup his new Nosler custom rifle.
They said normally no one gets to go over to the building that houses the gun building area because that is also where they make their Custom Line of ammo but they let us walk over to get his rifle.
That was the most interesting to me to watch them cranking out ammo on Dillon presses and noticing they use canister powders just as us reloaders do as I saw carts loaded up with Hodgdon powders.

I did not buy any blemished bullets but did clean them out of blemished 6.5 Creedmoor brass.
thumbup1.gif

I just recently bought the 110 glow tip noslers and they are awesome. Love the novelty of them and cheaper than the normal varmaggedons. Loading them for my blackout. Completing trying to work up a .308 load.

Back