Redding S neck sizers

spotstalkshoot

Today I ran across a deal on 204r and 223 type s neck sizing die, I have never used bushing dies before. Besides their designated cartridge what other cartridges can I use them for 17 rem,20 practical,others?

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootToday I ran across a deal on 204r and 223 type s neck sizing die, I have never used bushing dies before. Besides their designated cartridge what other cartridges can I use them for 17 rem,20 practical,others?

Well you shouldn't use them in an AR. Those need FL sizing. The 223 can be used for 20P and 6X45's. It is a bit too wide to do a very good job on the 17P in my experience.

The 204 is too tall for the 17 Remington. It could be used for a wildcat 17-204

Greg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: spotstalkshootToday I ran across a deal on 204r and 223 type s neck sizing die, I have never used bushing dies before. Besides their designated cartridge what other cartridges can I use them for 17 rem,20 practical,others?

Well you shouldn't use them in an AR. Those need FL sizing. The 223 can be used for 20P and 6X45's. It is a bit to wide to do a very good job on the 17P in my experience.

The 204 is too tall for the 17 Remington. It could be used for a wildcat 17-204

Greg

I hope you listen to Greg, he knows what he is talking about! If you don't listen, you will find out the hassle in getting a stuck piece of brass out of an AR chamber.

Yes, reading closely and learning. The store has some small base dies,waiting for them to be added to the clearance pile. The bedding of the 338wm,went well and the rifle is shooting more consistent,thanks ackleyman.Mike.

Back