I'm easy or just stupid.

pyscodog

Just before closing time at the GS today, a guy came in wanting to sell two unopened one pound bottles of Accurate #5 powder. I told the manager and he said they don't buy powder from walk-in customers. After a story of broke and out of gas, the guy ask if I wanted to buy it. I offered him $10 bucks for both pounds and he took the offer. I have no use for this but it was a good deal. Maybe it will get used someday but not right away. Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But, I got two pounds of powder really cheap!!
thumbup.gif

Hopefully it truly is unopened, I bought some at a gunshow one time, and found it had some lead shot mixed in. Talk about locking up a powder Mic.

What did he care. Probably stolen from a relative. I hate junkies. I just bought my first gun safe for this very reason.

FWIW, the guy didn't look like a typical druggie/ junkie. Well dressed, clean, just broke. He said 10-15 dollars. I just said I would give him $10. Yes, really cheap powder but I have little to no use for it at the present time. Just hate to let good deals pass by.

Far be it from me to stand in judgment, but I would have handed the guy a $20 and told him to keep the powder, and I hoped his situation improved markedly.

Frankly, a $20 more or less is not going to break me and it isn't going to make me a millionaire.

The scriptures remind us: "So as you have occasion, do good unto ALL MEN, especially to those who are of the household of faith."

No way to tell if the guy was a thief, was strung out, or just down on his luck. But that is whittling on God's end of the stick; not up to me to determine...

Finally, fwiw, since you got the powder, use it in place of Unique; just use Unique load data and add one grain. I was personally told by a Tech at Accurate that #5 was their version of Unique, just one grain slower.

I think you will like the powder...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoublessFar be it from me to stand in judgment, but I would have handed the guy a $20 and told him to keep the powder, and I hoped his situation improved markedly.

Frankly, a $20 more or less is not going to break me and it isn't going to make me a millionaire.

oh great. the guy is sitting at home reading this and thinks psycodog really screwed him.

cheapskate psycodog.

Slicker, I did not try to foist my opinion on anyone. He stated what he did and I stated what I would have done. I did not castigate anyone or anything else.

I guess we are all different, aren't we? Most of you guys want something for nothing. I, on the other hand, really don't care.

But I guess that makes ME the different one though, doesn't it?

Originally Posted By: DoublessFar be it from me to stand in judgment, but I would have handed the guy a $20 and told him to keep the powder, and I hoped his situation improved markedly.

SO he could of kept the powder and had 20$ to go buy a few pieces pipe and some fuses or a used pressure cooker.. If he was having a hard time at least he can have it without 2 pounds of powder now.. Whos to judge??

Originally Posted By: DoublessSlicker, I did not try to foist my opinion on anyone. He stated what he did and I stated what I would have done. I did not castigate anyone or anything else.

I guess we are all different, aren't we? Most of you guys want something for nothing. I, on the other hand, really don't care.

But I guess that makes ME the different one though, doesn't it?

pull you britches up and take a chill pill buddy. nothing was aimed at you. just funning with pysodog a bit. no more than that. you want to give you money away, you just go to it. could care less. if you feel it makes you different then that is great too.

Originally Posted By: Doubless Most of you guys want something for nothing.

where did this come from doubles? who is "most of you guys"? do not include me in this little rant you have going. i have never got something for nothing my whole life.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Doubless Most of you guys want something for nothing.

where did this come from doubles? who is "most of you guys"? do not include me in this little rant you have going. i have never got something for nothing my whole life.

I never DID include you in "this little rant", now did I? You feeling a bit guilty, there, Slicker? And I don't FEEL different; I AM different. All you have to do is read the responses. Somebody says he was a pressure cooker bomber left without his explosive, somebody else says "no harm, no foul", you decide he thinks he has been mistreated, etc. All I EVER said was if you find someone worse off than you, help them a bit.

Yes: that makes ME different. And finally, you should learn to either read better or improve your typing skills; my moniker is Doubless: a capital to start with, and two "esses" at the end... you know: like maybe my initials are SS?

I am off this thread. You guys can figure out why...

It was just couple pounds of powder pretty much useless but to a few people.. I think that was reasonable... He didn't argue about it from the post I read, so he prob had no idea what it was worth so who knows where it came from or where he got it from... I was just joking about the pipes and fuses.. All good.. Dan

I was under the impression we were calling him "The Crazy K9" now, perhaps that was just a one thread deal......

Fair deal to me, he got what he was asking you have some powder to keep on in the shelf, win win.

The man menstrations have been in full swing around this site lately.......

LOL, just can't win can ya! I thought I was helping him out. I didn't want the powder then and don't need it now.

Slicker- You need to quit pickin on me too.I have soft skin.
tt2.gif

doubless- I have worked hard all my life and never expect something for nothing. On the other hand, I don't let good deals pass by unless I can't afford them. Some I pass on simply because I have no use for them. He set the price, I just accepted it.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Back