But charge handle
eBay key mod I finished from black
White oak 1-7 twist I just got back from a guy back east who fluted it for me
Rainier arms xt comp/break
Ordered a command arms ema bipod
Have a bushnell 10x for it for now
Probably next week I'm gonna get a jp silent buffer too
Gonna look into triggers but don't really wanna spend 300 on it
Should be fun to shoot. Have a couple boxes of 69gr sierras sitting to try with it too

Last edited:
Seems pretty straight to me. I've used a few quad rails off there. I had one I put on my 300blackout that the barrel but was smaller spaced than my wrench. Don't buy anything from China! Other than that they are good

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfish

Is it just me, or does it seem to be missing a couple of parts?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: moonshine44Originally Posted By: nastynatesfish

Is it just me, or does it seem to be missing a couple of parts?
laugh.gif

It's a new light weight version. Saves about a pound or pound and a half. Jesse. Don't you have a clue?
wink.gif

Rest should be here Tuesday I hope. Then a few more peices I ordered like trigger guard, bipod and quik detach sling swivels probably Friday. Good though because I'm working till Friday evening anyhow so...

Just need the comp, trigger guard and bipod now. I'll start some load developement this weekend with 68 and 77s. I'll use either arcomp or h4895. I may swap the scope for a 2.5-15 elite 6500 I have sitting also

Nate, what is your opinion of the Anderson Lowers?? I've built two of them, a 5.56 and a 300 blk. I like them as good as any of the other lowers that I've had. The fit and finish are as good as the higher end ones. Thinking about getting a couple more to mess with.

I like them just fine and I find the same as yourself as far as fit and finish. I see no reason to drop a bunch of cash on a big name just for the name. I'm getting2 more with the closed trigger in the next week or so when ever they come in

Bought a cheap picatinny 12" handguard from Ebay for like $40 and it seems sturdy and straight. Works for me through a few hundred rounds on the range.

Took it out and shot some loads yesterday and they were not good looking with the 68s loaded them at 2.26. Took some today loaded at 2.25 and they did better. Gave me a couple to work with on my next days off. Did have some wind moving my target stand but felt good about most the shots. Going to work the 23.3 arcomp some and the 25.5 h4895 some. I'll go down to 24.5 with it next week.

From the looks of it, your 23.3gr and 25.5 gr loads were the best. From what I've found, when you reach an accuracy node your vertical grouping will be very close (distance from bottom bullet in the group to the top bullet). Once you reach that accuracy node, play with seating depth to correct your horizontal grouping. Horizontal stringing can be attributed to seating depth, and is also often caused by shooter error. Not saying your a bad shot. Lol. Just food for thought. Did you reach max load by chance? If not, it looks like your very close to another accuracy node, if you can possibly get into the 27-27.5gr area. If you're already at max load, then I'd play with seating depths on the 25.5 gr load.

The26.4 is actually .2 over book max. The 4895 fills a lot of the case also. I had some cratering on my primes with my top two loads of 4895. I'm gonna back them up another .005 and see how they do. I'm also using Winchester primers which I've never had the best accuracy. I may swap them to some cci and see what it does and keep the Winchester for a rainy day.

I can also a tribute some of it to the wind rocking my stand back and forth and trying to wait for the shot. Also the trigger is fairly rough. That'll be the next thing I purchase for it is a decent trigger or may just go the rock river national match 2 stage. I've always liked them

Got my phase 5 bolt yesterday. Put it together and in the rifle. Waiting now till Saturday for my jp silent buffer and I'm done with it. Other than a trigger.

Got my jp silent buffer today and installed. Love it. Night and day between the original coil buffer spring. 125 dollars well spent in my opinion

Back