benchmark-h335 and why?

ohihunter2014

need help picking between the 2. both shoot great in my bolt guns now just need to figure out which ones the best but cant seem to find why ones better.

your thoughts?

If you are shooting loads past middle of the book loads, I would be cautious of the 335. When worked up in cooler weather it will show pressure in warmer weather and if reversed it will be slower in cooler weather. This temp swing is what Benchmark was designed for. So, no, it's not a Ford or Chevy thing.

Originally Posted By: TheshedhunterYes.

I concur.....
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: TheshedhunterYes.

I concur.....
lol.gif

After giving it a great deal of thought I agree with you both.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: midwestpredatorOriginally Posted By: TheshedhunterYes.

I concur.....
lol.gif

After giving it a great deal of thought I agree with you both.

I agree so that would make a fourth. We have enough to play bridge now.

Greg

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014need help picking between the 2. both shoot great in my bolt guns now just need to figure out which ones the best but cant seem to find why ones better.

your thoughts?
The OP ask "WHICH IS BETTER". Nowhere did he mention temperature change, mood swings, porch swings, ect. Thusly Ford vs Chevy back at ya!!!

I have 12 pounds of one but only 3 pounds of the other.

So while the cards are being dealt, riddle me this...

Do I have 12 pounds of one because I prefer it, or do I only have 3 pounds of the other because I use it more?

Or are both true?

And, is it October yet?

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAI have 12 pounds of one but only 3 pounds of the other.

So while the cards are being dealt, riddle me this...

Do I have 12 pounds of one because I prefer it, or do I only have 3 pounds of the other because I use it more?

Or are both true?

And, is it October yet?

- DAA

No you got a deal on one and couldn't resist. I'm still working on half if 32 pounds of 2200..lol

Greg

Sad but true story... New Cabelas opened a few minutes away this summer. Not one of the giant ones, smallest one I've seen, in fact.

But, finally got around to going in there a couple weeks ago to pick up a few things (they didn't have any of them so I left empty handed...). After searching, found where they kept the powder, took a look see "just in case". No exaggeration, I have a better selection of powder on the shelf than that lame Cabelas...

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAA No exaggeration, I have a better selection of powder on the shelf than that lame Cabelas...

- DAA

Ah, me too Dave. Matterfak, I need to start using some of it up. A lot of it. I better start with the lbs of powder that I have with the $7 price tags still on the can.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: DAASad but true story... New Cabelas opened a few minutes away this summer. Not one of the giant ones, smallest one I've seen, in fact.

But, finally got around to going in there a couple weeks ago to pick up a few things (they didn't have any of them so I left empty handed...). After searching, found where they kept the powder, took a look see "just in case". No exaggeration, I have a better selection of powder on the shelf than that lame Cabelas...

- DAA

They have really bulked it up here in Phoenix. Sportsman's has a very broad choice as does Brunos locally.

Greg

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014need help picking between the 2. both shoot great in my bolt guns now just need to figure out which ones the best but cant seem to find why ones better.

your thoughts?
The OP ask "WHICH IS BETTER". Nowhere did he mention temperature change, mood swings, porch swings, ect. Thusly Ford vs Chevy back at ya!!!

So, did anyone answer the question other than me, or just fall in line with the "comment" of the crazy k9 and then drift into the powder choice at the stores?

Last edited:
I'm actually about out of 335, in fact just emptied my last 8lber into some 204 today. I should stock up on that, 8208, and some a2230. Let's throw in a few misc pounders and 10k or so primers while we're at it. Heat up the charge card!

Definitely going to put a little away before the election, just in case...

Locally they want $200 for an 8lb of 8208. What's it go for where you all are at?

Back