RAR 300BLK and SAS Arbiter

Kino M

Staff member
Playing with some subsonic loads with my Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 300blk and off to a good start. Only shot one five shot group but it measures.517 center to center so it will only get better. Top group was factory Sig Sauer 220 subsonic. Load data is LC brass, 208bthp @ 2.25, CCI 400 primer, on 11.7gr of A1680. MV is 1054avg. Gun is STUPID quiet!

Originally Posted By: vanhornetHow many yards were you shooting ?

Only 50 as that's all I can off my back porch but I'll stretch it out and report back. I have little doubt I can get under MOA at one hundred and that's not to bad with subs and a cheap factory gun!

I love my RAR!! I have an omega on it and like you said it is stupid quiet. I run 7.4 grains of lil' gun with some cci magnum primers. Dang accurate. Just gotta know your holds for longer distances.

Originally Posted By: Kino MPlaying with some subsonic loads with my Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 300blk and off to a good start. Only shot one five shot group but it measures.517 center to center so it will only get better. Top group was factory Sig Sauer 220 subsonic. Load data is LC brass, 208bthp @ 2.25, CCI 400 primer, on 11.7gr of A1680. MV is 1054avg. Gun is STUPID quiet!

Did you have Tim upgrade your arbiter to the MX baffles? I am running and identical rig to yours, save my glass is NF where you have a nice Leupy.

Huckleberry I've got a new MX Reaper, Arbiter and Sentinel that will be in my hands very very soon. When I was out at Tim's a few months back I ran the MX series and it is a really nice upgrade for sure.

Originally Posted By: DJ_MackI love my RAR!! I have an omega on it and like you said it is stupid quiet. I run 7.4 grains of lil' gun with some cci magnum primers. Dang accurate. Just gotta know your holds for longer distances.

I almost loaded some with lil gun but wanted something totally reliable for ARs as well and the consensus is 1680. I might try your load later on.

lil gun will not cycle a carbine gassed AR upper with subs.

pistol gas with a suppressor i've heard maybe's... but 1680 or shooters world blackout (lovex D0-63) are the ez money subsonic powders for an AR.

Originally Posted By: Kino MHuckleberry I've got a new MX Reaper, Arbiter and Sentinel that will be in my hands very very soon. When I was out at Tim's a few months back I ran the MX series and it is a really nice upgrade for sure.

Nice. Thinking about up grading my arbiter after my Impact and Tolerance get out of jail.

I have an Arbiter MX coming from Steve, might have to pick up one of these rifles for some subsonic action. Would be nice to night pest patrol without waking the kids, heh heh

These factory barrels suffice, or has anyone put a custom barrel on and gained any measurable accuracy ??

I have a Photon 4.6 that should match up well with a setup like yours.

Originally Posted By: Kino MI think for true subsonic work, a custom barrel is overkill as most shots will be under 100.

^^^this. I thought long and hard about building a custom 300blk on a spare r700 action I have floating around the safe, but every time I took an honest look at it, it didn't make sense when things like this option are available.

RAR are great for the $$ and you can get very good accuracy with them too.
I would a Custom 300BO, spent a ton, sold it and keep my RAR. shot almost as good, and for the $$$ i freed up i can pick up several other weapons.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71RAR are great for the $$ and you can get very good accuracy with them too.
I would a Custom 300BO, spent a ton, sold it and keep my RAR. shot almost as good, and for the $$$ i freed up i can pick up several other weapons.

You hit the nail on the head with this! When I got mine, I was blown away how well it shot and how nice the trigger was. I got mine for 419$ after tax! Throw a can on it and it will make you giggle like a school kid it is so much fun to shoot.

I know guys have had issues with shooting certain bullets...seems the ones that shoot the best don't expand well on game, the good expanders seem to be finicky to shoot, so wanted to check before I picked up a RAR. Plan on quiet varmint kills with mine, stuff around the farm, but it would be nice to be able to yote hunt with it also.

Back