a Hump day morning triple!

Plant.One

Defending my birdfeeder, one heavy pellet at a time...

just finished brewing a fresh Kcup of Tim hortons a few mins ago and when i looked out the window.... i'm being overrun by Chipmunks!

tagged the first two back to back, 3rd scrambled away on me before i could get a shot off.
20160629_103218_zpshgqn1fke.jpg

before i get this post completed... i see #3 is back out of his burrow and climbing up the cherry tree.... he must have wanted to take a nap with his buddies

*thwap*

and now its a hump day triple!

a569a18a-5f2a-41fe-8414-79314bdc4b77_zps2ffmphlr.jpg

Originally Posted By: whyJust wondering how you cook those little suckers

usually in the bottom of the rubbish bin in >80*F weather.

in the winter they just go to the curb frozen
grin.gif
grin.gif

they're vermin - not food .... unless of course it was in a zombie apocalypse environment and then i'm sure they'd be delicious. but then i wouldnt be posting pics of vermin on the internet, i'd be too busy making chipmunk stew to go with my morning coffee :p

I have been catching 1 to 3 a day for about a month. Throw them half way down my driveway. A red Fox gets them every night. Have seen it 3 times.

i would, but my next door neighbor's are gentle, earth loving hippie types - so the trash can is the easiest way to keep the peace. they're cool, they dont throw wild parties, they keep their yard looking nice... so i feel no need to ruffle their feathers. its hard to find people in their 20's who have those attributes, especailly renters... so i'd rather to save drama, than to feed the local scavengers.

If i lived on the side of the sub division that backed up to the 300 acres of park & shooting club i'd just toss em back in the woods - and probably wait up at night for the raccoons & opossums to show up so i could whack a few of them too!
grin.gif
grin.gif

neither of the guys across the road care, they both know & they're happy about it (they're sick of them in their landscaping, garages, and sheds too).

Back