Anyone know what this field shooting device is?

Al Margheim

Anyone know what this device is?

ShootingBrace.jpg

I bought this thing about 15 years ago and I don't recall who made it or what it is called. I'd love to know.

I used it to shoot prairie dogs several times after I first got it but I wasn't that impressed at the time. In the last few years, I've refined my technique and figured out how to use it better. With the right technique it's much more stable than plain shooting sticks or a shooting tripod. In fact, it's almost as stable in the field as shooting prone.

It's made of aluminum so it's very light; it rolls up nicely inside my shooting mat, and it allows me to hike into a grassy prairie dog field and take long shots (well...long for me anyways).

It's a really ingenious device and I think the person who invented it deserves some credit.

Anyone reading this ever used one?

Thanks lyotehunter, I wasn't familiar with the Rudolph gear quad shooting sticks before reading your post. The Rudolph gear quad shooting sticks look similar to the device that I have but the quad sticks lack the rear stabilizing leg that my doohickey has and the adjustment cord is very different. I have to say that getting the rear leg set right makes a huge difference in stabilizing my rig.

Still the Rudolph gear quad sticks are similar enough to my device that it's possible the Rudolph quad sticks evolved from the product that I have.

I was thinking maybe it was an older model that you have and they may know who exactly made yours.they have one that holds the front and rear of the rifle.

Last edited:
Back