Stay Safe Out There

azmastablasta

Actually not a bad jump, he just didn't stick the landing. Sorry I have to give you a 4 out of 10.

Published on Jun 27, 2016
Motorcyclist suffered minor injuries. What a relief!

Just had a friends brother die from a motorcycle accident a couple weeks ago. I have no desire to ride one on the blacktop. Especially with all the brain dead drivers on the roadways today.

Texting kinda ruined it for me. I've never been known for being very smart in how I ride, or drive, in my 50's and still feeling the need for speed, gonna be stupid better be tough and all that. But a few years ago, it got to where every time I was on the road on my bike, all I could do was constantly scan for idiots with their heads down looking into their laps texting while driving.

I don't know how bad that is other places, but around here, it's an epidemic. Not to paint with too broad a brush, but, it IS mostly females. See them every single day, wandering into my lane, or only doing 55 in an 75 MPH zone, or sitting still at a light, or blowing right through them. Women with heads looking down texting while driving.

Anyway... After four close calls with broads looking at their phones in about six weeks three summers ago, I'd had enough, sold all but the most rare antique (which I need to get cleaned up and sell it too before all the guys who want it die of old age).

Definitely feel pangs of jealousy when I see a guy carving down a canyon or blasting by me at 140 MPH, but, I don't think I'm ever going back...

When I'm driving my Jeep, and I see one of those idiots drifting into my lane, I edge a little closer and hope they hit me
laugh.gif

- DAA

Bet he regrets wearing those shorts. My last crash on the KTM cured my speed habit. Now I just ride slow and laid back. Gonna ride across the dam at Sam Rayburn tonight and eat a burger at the Stump. Still miss the smell of two stroke oil, so I just fire up the katoom in the barn and let everything get all smokey.

Nearly lost my brother a few years ago when a deer hit him and his wife while riding. Though I never had much desire to get on a bike, his incident robbed me of whatever interest there was. I was not a fan of laying next to him in the ICU hoping he didn't stop breathing.

Several years ago I had the itch to build a custom Harley. Had all plans drawn out and was about to start ordering parts. The wife came in from work one day, looked me dead in the eye and told me, "you can forget about that bike". Her tone made it clear there would be no discussion of the matter. Turns out she was following a little blue haired old lady who made a left turn in front of 3 oncoming bikers. One went across the hood of wife's car. No major injuries but it scared the pizz out of my wife. No bike in my future.

My wifes 1st cousin lost her youngest son to a crash last year. A truck turned left in front of him. He was 20 and on his way to work. His mom and dad and both sets of grandparents all ride. We planned a trip at his funeral. Thought of Blake the whole way. That boy was a barrel of laughs and never met a stranger. Aint none of us gonna get out of this world alive.

Back