Time to Break out the Permethrin!

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:Minnesota health officials warn of fatal tick bites

Published June 28, 2016
· FoxNews.com

Health officials in Minnesota are warning about Lyme-infected tick bites that attack the heart and cause sudden cardiac death. The state recorded the first fatal case of what is called Lyme carditis last year, and another man recently reported the illness, Fox 9 reported.

Steve Stolz told the news site that he noticed his heart was beating at a slower pace while walking up a hill. He went to the emergency room where doctors determined a tick bite disturbed the electrical system of his heart.

“Sixty-five percent of patients with Lyme carditis are men and typically younger, ages 15 to 40,” Dr. Alex Campbell of the Minneapolis Heart Institute, told Fox 9. “Nobody understands why, but that’s what we see.”

More on this...

The Lyme disease debate: Can the condition be chronic?

Tommy Hilfiger's daughter on her battle with Lyme disease

CDC discovers new bacteria species that causes Lyme disease

The bacteria from the bite burrows into the heart muscle, which causes the electrical signals that keep the heart beating to short circuit. This can cause the heart to slow to a stop or develop a potentially fatal fast rhythm, Fox 9 reported.

“The heart will stop pumping blood and you pass out and that’s a sudden death,” Campbell told Fox 9.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), only one percent of patients with Lyme disease will develop Lyme carditis. The condition can be treated with antibiotics or a temporary pace maker.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/06/28...tml?intcmp=hpff

Regards,
hm

Been that time for sum time already Clarence.

Round here you can't do any work outside with picking up one or two.. I've had some fall off in my truck, I pick them up the next morning and find them on me in the office;)

I'm the scourge walkin round the office with bugs;)

Funny how you can walk into a room and just mention finding a tick and within 5 minutes ya got everyone in the room scratchin'.
lol.gif

Regards,
hm

I found out yesterday that horse fly spray works pretty good for skeeters and ticks. Baby girl wanted to ride her horse in the hunting lease late yesterday evening. I left the house without any Off but she never leaves without her horse spray, so I had to steal some. It worked good and smells better than Off.

New cover scent. Trick coyotes by smelling like a horse.

I was unlucky enough to contract lyme disease about 5 years ago. The tick that got me left a bullseye that was perfect. I have gotten a few ticks off me in the past week but the chiggers are worse.

Anyone not using permethrin, you should be. Such a simple solution to what can be a very serious problem. Try it, you'll like it!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

There are deer ticks around here in the last two years like I've never seen them, they seem to have died down a little bit after spring but they are out.

I never even saw a deer tick until 3 or 4 years ago and now they are regular. Worse is in western WI, I bow hunt just north or Buffalo county and they are thick over there.

My buddy sprays his horses with a mix of citronella oil, permethrin and diesel fuel. Not great if you don't want to be smelled but that will keep everything, including your wife, off your back.

Permethrin is great stuff, I could have saved myself a lot of misery over the years had I been using it. Fantastic stuff for chiggersand ticks.

Back