New Guy From CT

Will do Ledge,I will see if I can rangle Mr.Benelli to go also.
Your right about Mr Bobcat,I called in three this season using coyote vocals!!Lots of them up here,so many they expanded the harvest amount..

Anybody else from CT?

I'm gonna start up predator hunting again in a couple weeks, when the deer guys are off the farms that get leased.

Just got a killer deal ($525.00) on a Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special in 22-250 from an old timer I know. It has an older fixed power Leupold 12x scope with A.O. He only put 6 rounds through it since he bought it new in 1982 as a back up Varmint gun. The set up looks like he just bought it yesterday!

Gonna be my first 22-250 thinking about trying some 55gr Blitzkings or Gamekings. Guys here seem to like those rounds in that caliber and twist on coyotes.

Really looking forward to getting back out there! Will be posting pics soon hopefully.

I'm on the NY/CT border. Have you been knocking on doors to get permission on the private lands you hunt, or already knew the landowners? I'm looking to start up some predator hunting once archery deer season ends here in a week. I was thinking about taking a drive and trying to get permission on farms, but not sure how good of an idea that is after all the bad firearms press lately. Any advice?

I got on the farms I'm on by asking permission. Most of them I strictly coyote hunt, crow hunt, and run the beagles for rabbits. My best spots get leased for deer so I got to stay out till deer season is done.

Most of the farms I hunt have cows, so the farmers don't want coyotes around. I actually got offered to turkey hunt two farms because they appreciated the coyotes getting whacked.

As far as firearms press in CT, don't let those liberal morons in the media fool you into thinking everyone in CT is against firearms. If you think the press accurately reflects the will of the people of CT, you're in trouble.
A lot of it is liberal media propaganda. People are buying up guns and ammo like crazy here. I don't think your gonna see any resistance to hunting from the farmers based on Newtown. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Need some farmland for coyotes real soon, and hopefully some summer groundhoggin'

Hey guys im also from CT and i want to get into Predator hunting but the problem i have is i have no clue what im doing. I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me a few tips?

Besides reading everything you can on these forums I found a great 9 page article on outdoorlife that should help you. Gives you an idea what time of year you should be using certain calls.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2012/02/get-more-winter-coyotes-thinking-one

Originally Posted By: Howard18Hey guys im also from CT and i want to get into Predator hunting but the problem i have is i have no clue what im doing. I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me a few tips?

Originally Posted By: Howard18Hey guys im also from CT and i want to get into Predator hunting but the problem i have is i have no clue what im doing. I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give me a few tips?

Read as much as you can and DON'T give up. CT is a tough place to predator hunt but keep going and working at it and you will put fur down. Too many folks read about it or watch a youtube video and think its easy. Its not, be dedicated and learn, its the most fun you'll have in the woods.

I am starting to get in coyote hunting in Connecticut and looking for any advice and tips that any members that hunt here have. I live in Southington, CT and just looking for a place to start hunting.

Originally Posted By: chuck1971I am starting to get in coyote hunting in Connecticut and looking for any advice and tips that any members that hunt here have. I live in Southington, CT and just looking for a place to start hunting.

Sent you a PM

Back