Need help on a coyote fox dog

Jonheson

I was trying to find out about beagles being used to drive them out to the gun was hoping if anyone works them like that you can answer the one thing that worries me that is how are the dogs not cut up or killed ever time I would think that a big fox would cut them bad and a coyote would kill even a big pack but I could be wrong so if anyone does not care to share with a new guy I am all ears thanks

Last edited:
We dont use beagles we use walker coon hounds or july hounds.. we have never had any get killed they usually hit the ground running and yotes or fox are [beeep] bent to georgia

Wow I thought coon hounds were no good for fox and coyote because they didn't have the speed for it do you shot them in front of the dogs or do you wait until they bay them

How we do is locate them, have one set of guys on one part of old logging road then the others one the other side to let the dogs loose. A game of lets loose try and cut them off for a shot. Differnt styles of dogs every where you go. Been at Kansas where they spot yotes in the field drop the tail gate and send part grey hounds and something else to chase down and catch them..

Back